Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Century Arms MKE AP5-P....buy it or you will regret it later.

Feedback Score
    i see they are almost $1800 now. May as well just buy the real deal or better quility knock off at that price. Im glad I got mine when I paid $720 out the door. But ive had a lot of issues out of mine. I must have gotten a bad one. but now that I see they going for $1700-$1800 I think its time to off load mine for a nice profit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Core Models are still $1,260. I have a Core Model AP5k and it runs great.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I think I’ll just keep my SP5K.

Good video regardless.
    Show-off

I've been on a waiting list for four years for an SP5K. I have a SP5 that I like, but I agree that 'k' just really falls into your hand well. Just nicely balanced with a Brace.

Quote Originally Posted by OGmechanic View Post
    i see they are almost $1800 now. May as well just buy the real deal or better quility knock off at that price. Im glad I got mine when I paid $720 out the door. But ive had a lot of issues out of mine. I must have gotten a bad one. but now that I see they going for $1700-$1800 I think its time to off load mine for a nice profit.
    https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-p-HG6035ab-n

$1300++ with a brace.

Mine hasn't 'broken in' yet, but I probably only have 200 rounds through it. Though, my SP5 didn't need any break in...

On think I noticed on the AP5K was that around where there is painted welds, there is a red tinge. I assume it is rust working its way up through the coating. It wiped off.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Show-off

I've been on a waiting list for four years for an SP5K. I have a SP5 that I like, but I agree that 'k' just really falls into your hand well. Just nicely balanced with a Brace.
    I’m fairly certain THIS is showing off……..

Feedback Score
    Do you like the castle rear sight, or are you keeping it original?

544th? Is taht what I'm seeing?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've had my SP89 since 1989 and it's still one of my favourite guns to shoot - especially with a brace. I recently got a Lee Sporting trigger housing that utilizes an AR-15 trigger group and safety. It moves the grip up and forward, and feels much better. I thought the Navy housing felt good until I put this on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I've had my SP89 since 1989 and it's still one of my favourite guns to shoot - especially with a brace. I recently got a Lee Sporting trigger housing that utilizes an AR-15 trigger group and safety. It moves the grip up and forward, and feels much better. I thought the Navy housing felt good until I put this on.
    Boy, way to bury the lead with that!!! That Lee Sporting Trigger housing looks like what HK should have done twenty years ago to bring the MP5 into the 21st century. A safety and standard mag release like an AR is what the MP5 needed to keep everyone from trying to make the perfect PCC gun.

Any more feedback on that Lee housing? 3d Prints have come a long way. PC, PA and even PETG filled with carbon fiber with the right design and printing can give parts that seem to be indestructible and lightweight.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any more feedback on that Lee housing? 3d Prints have come a long way. PC, PA and even PETG filled with carbon fiber with the right design and printing can give parts that seem to be indestructible and lightweight.
    Being a lefty, HK weapons always presented a bit of a challenge as their safeties were relatively stiff (I do know how to adjust the tension on the detent), and I'd operate them with my left thumb on the left side of the housing to go from safe to fire, or part of my left hand (a bit awkwardly). When ambi safeties came out, I still felt that the angle of the levers weren't as ergonomic as an AR's levers, as 'safe' was high up at an angle (hence the bent levers). So when I saw the Lee Sporting housing, I thought I'd give it a try.

It's a bit spendy for a 3D printed part; but hey it's something different that I felt would be an improvement. The AR-15 fire control parts dropped in with no issues - I'm using a hiperfire enhanded duty sharpshooter trigger and a BAD 45-degree safety with short levers. I did have to oval the bottom pin hole on the Lee housing slightly so the pin would go through easily - it didn't affect how secure it was.

I countersunk and painted the little 'safe/fire' dots myself. I don't think it looks half bad, and I much prefer the angle and feel with the Magpul MOE K grip. You guys know how awesome an AR trigger and short throw safety is - now I have it on the SP89 and it's a game-changer for me with this little gun.

sp89mm.JPG

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Considering the AP5-P has been under $1100 at times, I’m cringing less at the thought of picking of that trigger housing. Very cool.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do you like the castle rear sight, or are you keeping it original?

544th? Is taht what I'm seeing?
    Yes 544 and I’m keeping it original. It’s the only unfired piece of kit I own. I just have so many other options at this point.

Complete safe Queen.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast