Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Century Arms MKE AP5-P....buy it or you will regret it later.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Century Arms MKE AP5-P....buy it or you will regret it later.

Why exactly are we counting parts?

ETA: Never mind, I see some still think 922r is actually enforceable, let alone constitutional.

But let’s not rat hole down that debate on my account.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-04-23 at 15:30.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Why exactly are we counting parts?
    To comply with stupid laws passed by stupid people in order to ruin our fun.

More precisely; to comply with 922R in order to make a foreign made pistol into a SBR (ATF Form1)
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Im jealouse.

OP i was just looking at the Century arms AP5and wondering about the quality. I might invest in a couple, his and hers.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    Well, obviously, you can take almost any industrial production step and do it to a better degree or to a lesser degree, but I still think that in reality these guns are stamped metal receiver, firearms. They are not build from a solid piece of metal, bejeweled with various precious stones, and have scroll marks from the master. They are designed to be hard used, in austere conditions, work every time, And run and run.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I believe that the MP5's foreign parts are:
    1) Receiver
    2) Barrel
    3) Trunnion
    4) Muzzle Attachment (Only count this if you have something attached or threaded on to the muzzle. In my novice opinion, a muzzle nut counts.)
    5) Bolt
    6) Bolt Carrier
    7) Operating rod (This is BS, but the ATF has claimed that cocking handles are operating rods).
    8) Trigger Housing
    9) Trigger
    10) Hammer
    11) Sear
    12) Buttstock
    13) Pistol Grip
    14) Forearm / Handguard
    15) Magazine Housing
    16) Magazine Follower
    17) Magazine Floorplate

For my Century AP5, I installed a US trigger, hammer, sear, handguard, cocking handle and magazine. This way I was able to install an HK retractable buttstock and continue using the factory flash hider. I actually overshot by two US parts.
    For my Century AP5-P, I plan to install a US buttstock (Choate), handguard, cocking handle and magazine. I'll just leave off the thread protector to get me down to 10 foreign parts.
    Interesting list. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I've since converted mine to a machine gun and it's my "go to" gun to hand folks who have never shot full auto before. It just keeps running - can't complain at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post

I've since converted mine to a machine gun and it's my "go to" gun to hand folks who have never shot full auto before. It just keeps running - can't complain at all.
    Great to see you here MRG. Love the channel!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend Texas View Post
    Great to see you here MRG. Love the channel!
    Thanks.

Youtube deleted that video and gave me a channel strike for it. So, it's on my rumble channel now for those looking....

https://rumble.com/v25zzdy-ap5-rolle...banned-fr.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Youtube deleted that video and gave me a channel strike for it. So, it's on my rumble channel now for those looking....
    looked way too evil for them.

Feedback Score
    So AP5 or the Zenith for a spare MP5 clone?

I had bad luck with a Zenith MKE import 16” back in 2018 (top of receiver was not to spec with optics mounts).

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast