Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Improving precision in a Gas Gun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yep that is a great point about working in all my and others rifles, which is also one of my primary considerations.

I think I may need to stop watching F-Class reloading videos.
    Those F class guys are insane. We watched a match for a minute and they guy looked at us with a blank stare and said, "DON'T DARE GET INTO THIS". he was in pain. LOL

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Improving precision in a Gas Gun

Just got back from the range after experimenting with seating depths less than mag length.

WOA shot best at……..drum roll………

6.5C shot best at 2.791 and a pretty significant difference. Best group of the day was the 6.5C.

37.2g I4895 (I have gobs of this stuff and wanted to see if it would perform well in 6.5C.)
    Hornady Brass
    WLRP
    130g TMK
    Seated to 2.791

Only four shot groups to save on components during testing. If it won’t shoot four well it won’t shoot five or more well either.

WARNING: The load(s) listed in this post may not be safe in your rifle.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-07-22 at 13:38.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Just got back from the range after experimenting with seating depths less than mag length.

WOA shot best at……..drum roll………

6.5C shot best at 2.791 and a pretty significant difference. Best group of the day was the 6.5C.

37.2g I4895 (I have gobs of this stuff and wanted to see if it would shoot perform well in 6.5C.)
    Hornady Brass
    WLRP
    130g TMK
    Seated to 2.791

Only four shot groups to save on components during testing. If it won’t shoot four well it won’t shoot five well either.

WARNING: The load(s) listed in this post may not be safe in your rifle.
    Thanks for posting. If I may cheat off your homework, I ordered a WOA 18” on the Pirate Day sale…looking forward to hearing more about this experiment.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Lots of great information being shared.

Hopefully it can keep going and someone besides me will learn something of value.
    Yup, this is a great thread!

I definitely appreciate the info, folks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thanks for posting. If I may cheat off your homework, I ordered a WOA 18” on the Pirate Day sale…looking forward to hearing more about this experiment.
    If this can save someone some time then more power to them.

I suspect if you are willing to seat longer than mag length, which I am not, there is more accuracy to be gained.

My mag length group with the load I settled on was 3 shots in one hole and the fourth I called as a bad shot. Even after my mistake it was only a .750” group.

This one was:
    22.3 gr 8208 XBR
    LC 11 Brass
    CCI SRP
    Seating depths from 2.239 - 2.260 in increments of .003. The groups got tighter as seating depth increased.

WARNING: The load(s) posted may not be safe in your rifle.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-07-22 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If this can save someone some time then more power to them.

My mag length group with the load I settled on was 3 shots in one hole and the fourth I called as a bad shot. Even after my mistake it was only a .750” group.
    No thats called cherry picking. And thats why you shoot at least 5 shots if not 10(see Molon's post on 10 shot groups). How do you know additional shots won't fill in the space between your 3 shot group and the so called "flyer".

This is why 3 shot groups are not a good judge of accuracy.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    No thats called cherry picking. And thats why you shoot at least 5 shots if not 10(see Molon's post on 10 shot groups). How do you know additional shots won't fill in the space between your 3 shot group and the so called "flyer".

This is why 3 shot groups are not a good judge of accuracy.
    I’ll ignore nothing of value added to the thread and suggest you actually read what was going on.

I don’t need 10 shots to test if a load or particular seating depth will group.

1. I clearly state in the post that shot was me.
    2. It doesn't matter, because that is the best group shot at magazine length and I'm not seating longer than magazine length.

If you can't read, and comprehend, maybe you shouldn't be posting here.

This is what I get for showing hidden content. Don't bother to respond as I won't be making that mistake again with you.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-08-22 at 09:20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123