Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low/no light shooting

Feedback Score
    Lots of quality lower 1/3 height mounts out there. I have a Geissele and Daniel Defense mounts. Have also used Midwest Industries. All are good. Just depends on whether you want a QD type mount or not.

They make some taller ones these days but any higher than lower 1/3 and your existing iron sights won’t work. You’ll have to buy some offset ones if you want to keep irons sights.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Also, any recs for a taller mount for my Aimpoint Micro H1? It has the OEM throw lever mount with 39mm spacer. It looks like its absolute cowitness with my irons.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Lots of quality lower 1/3 height mounts out there. I have a Geissele and Daniel Defense mounts. Have also used Midwest Industries. All are good. Just depends on whether you want a QD type mount or not.

They make some taller ones these days but any higher than lower 1/3 and your existing iron sights won’t work. You’ll have to buy some offset ones if you want to keep irons sights.
    I am moving away from my 1/3 lower mounts in favor of the Unity FAST mount which has a 2.26" optical centerline height and a window with rear sight that allows use of standard height sights, it also come with a front sight post that can be used in lieu of a separate front sight, albeit with a very short sight radius. It comes stock with a torx mounting jaw that is very clean and low profile, but one can add their QD lever option if desired. They are spendy but I can not recommend them enough.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    There are suppose to be 1.93" compatible irons coming from Scalarworks, IIRC, they showed them off at SHOT: https://scalarworks.com/shop/iron-sights/peak-02/

If you want an NV-optimized height mount, the Unity FAST is a decent set-up, while you can save a few bucks and go with the Midwest 2.33" one. ADM has a 2.33" with QD if you want, but it does not have a port for irons. The KAC Skyscraper is also 2.33".

If you just want a taller mount in general, lots of options for 1.93". Scalarworks, Arisaka, Geissele, Reptilia, Spuhr (well, 1.89" on that one), etc. There are also lower 1/3rds that are closer to 1.7", like ADM, LaRue, or Bobro's high mount.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-29-22 at 01:45.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12