Thread: "do it yourself" trigger job?

Feedback Score

"do it yourself" trigger job?

I came across this procedure to lighten the trigger on a AR-15 and i noticed in one

of the steps it requires you to bend BOTH legs of the trigger spring. But in

the

diaram provided it only shows one leg being bent. Do any of you guys know

which one is the correct procedure?

http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm
    Last edited by das028; 12-23-08 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    you need to bend both.... i just did this trigger job on my m4 and it turned out great! it shows one still straight for comparison. Also, if not too late, leave a half inch instead of a quarter inch on the hammer spring. good luck

Feedback Score
    Just inished and wow, my trigger wen from 6 1/2 lbs to roughly 4 lbs. I didnt adverage my readings but I did check it a couple times. I didnt think it would change that much.

I did do things a little diffferent. Instead of aplying the polish on the sear and hammer and then dry firing 10 + times, I polished the contact points really smooth! Basically to a mirror finish. Trigger feels sweet!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by das028 View Post
    I came across this procedure to lighten the trigger on a AR-15 and i noticed in one

of the steps it requires you to bend BOTH legs of the trigger spring. But in

the

diaram provided it only shows one leg being bent. Do any of you guys know

which one is the correct procedure?

http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm
    Thanks for that link.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I tried this trigger job, it didn't work for me. The fellow said he has never got light primer strikes, but I did. I think it was on some XM-193. I would check all the types of ammo you will shoot to make sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I tried this trigger job, it didn't work for me. The fellow said he has never got light primer strikes, but I did. I think it was on some XM-193. I would check all the types of ammo you will shoot to make sure.

Did it lighten your trigger though?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It did lighten the trigger. I don't exactly how much, but it did feel much better. The cost was too high though. I want my guns to be reliable above all.

Feedback Score
    that's why I see most people do 1/2" and not 1/4" as light strikes are more common with 1/4"

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.