Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: California: A Treatise On The Death Of My Soul

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    As a landlord, I hate to say it. But give notice and walk away without paying. They will be aware you are no longer a resident, and they can get someone else. They could go after you, but probably not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Move for sure. You tried it. That’s what counts. You’ll never live life wondering what would have happened. You did it, it sucked.

You’re in commiefornia. Play by their games.

Move out. Sell your shit. Give notice. Don’t pay for breaking lease. See if they F off.

Live out side for a few months. California is beautiful. I’d always thought if I was ever going to be a bum that’s the place to do it for sure. Go buy a nice tent, scope out a nice place for yourself and live there three to 4 months. Go to Starbucks to use the shitter and WiFi.

After three months living the real
    Cali life you should have 9k saved up to move with.

Also as a bonified homeless person see what kind of public assistance you can get. Think of it as like a tax break.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some place, either in Cali or may have been AZ..is giving bums $1000 a month for 12 months, no questions asked I read a few days ago.
    If a BUM cant live nicely off a grand a month...I dont know what the world is coming to.
    I wouldnt tho, for any amount.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Some place, either in Cali or may have been AZ..is giving bums $1000 a month for 12 months, no questions asked I read a few days ago.
    If a BUM cant live nicely off a grand a month...I dont know what the world is coming to.
    I wouldnt tho, for any amount.
    That was Kali for sure. I watched a video the other day. The bums get their money, buy dope, rent a hotel for a couple days and binge out. The guy they were interviewing said his drug of choice was shooting a meth/fentanyl mix(wtf?). By day 3, money's gone, back to petty theft/pan handling for drug money and shitting on sidewalks till the next payday. Food is free. Just go to the grocery store and walk out with it. (They already traded their EBT allowance for dope on top of the $1000 cash given to them.)

...but the bars play good music and the tacos are better so it's a trade off.

Kali is the way it is because most people that live there like it that way.

It sounds like with the way the market is out there, if you give notice, the landlord would have new tenants ready to help you load your stuff so they could move in right behind you.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 10-01-22 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    Your situation sounds horrific, and one that many may find themselves in. My California experience is the opposite, but I am in SoCal, Laguna Beach, and you seem to be in the SF bay area. As far as firearms, are concerned, my home SD needs are met with Mossberg marine SG, and EDC is S&W 360PD in pocket with reload, not optimal but adequate should a bad situation arise; these are the only two weapons I keep there. I'm also only there 2-3 months of the year.
    Last edited by henri; 10-01-22 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Your situation sounds horrific, and one that many may find themselves in. My California experience is the opposite, but I am in SoCal, Laguna Beach, and you seem to be in the SF bay area. As far as firearms, are concerned, my home SD needs are met with Mossberg marine SG, and EDC is S&W 360PD in pocket with reload, not optimal but adequate should a bad situation arise; these are the only two weapons I keep there. I'm also only there 2-3 months of the year.
    I was in Coronado for training a few years ago. I forgot how absolutely beautiful it was in that area; hadn't been since I was a kid. We ate at a restaurant right on the beach, and went running through the water after dinner. As great as it was, I still wouldn't live there. The red parts of the states are still too left.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 10-01-22 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    OP, with your credentials, I would hire a headhunter to make you the perfect application and apply at a Military base. Or Gov contractor. Several of my neighbors and friends are civilians but work at the nearby Naval Air Station. We are below the Mason Dixon line here, but it ain't really Dixie. I like it here, very little crime. We are shall issue now. And I know people have heard of the 10rd mag limit here but we can go to Virginia and buy any mag we want and bring it home. No law against possession of any high cap mag. You just cant buy them here or have them sent here.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    California is rough and it's a difficult place to make it work. There are plenty of right leaning folks, but we are out numbered. You just need to know the circles to run in. There are a good 11million or so republicans and right leaning independents so it's not a small number, but it's small number versus the majority.

Your situation sounds bad but it sounds like you walked into things relatively blind. My industry and contacts run conservative, but you're surrounded by very left leaning folks you have to maneuver around. My current boss mostly higher vets and we're bringing them in from out of state. With some help, folks are certainly making it work. I play in a men's lacrosse league and we constantly have guys coming into California straight out of college making their way.

Personally, we're pretty well set and in a financially sound position, but it's a hard place to move into right now. Having been here since 1989, it's been difficult watching things spiral to where they are now. I certainly don't recommend it for folks who haven't gotten their ducks in a row first or at least have things planned out.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If you are serious, look up jobs in Huntsville AL. If what you typed about your degrees and experience is correct, and you have/can get a clearance, you will get an offer for at least the same salary. Seriously, mid $120 K to live in Kalifistan?

P.M. me and I will give you my email address so you can get me your resume. I will refer you and then send your resume to the agile hiring manager. Odds are very good they will contact you.I am also a hiring manager (not for engineers) and the odds of my company helping with relo is pretty high.

The best part? No effort required on my part and you owe me nothing

Andy

P.S. About breaking your lease... Just break it. Your apartment is owned by a chinese consortium who will have the place rented before you cross the state line. Our company has a legal plan too, by the way.
    You would be a fool not to take this man up.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    It is 114 degrees some days. It has not rained since February, everything is dead, it resembles Benghazi at this point. The wildfires will kill us if the fentanyl driven crime doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    That doesn't sound like the SF bay area to me
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast