Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: .223 wylde

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Do you even HAVE any .223rem match barrels / chambers that you compared to?
    CLE match barrel.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind a 223 Rem Match (.068"FB 1.5*throat)is a different design than a 5.56 CLE(.025" FB) and is different from a Rem 223(.025" FB 3* throat) and different from a 223 Wylde(.062"FB).
    ETA if Frank White(CLE) makes a "223 Match" different from his 5.56 CLE or 223 Rem Match I have not seen the design specs. Between Manson, Clymer, JGS and PTG there are probably over a hundred custom 223/5.56 chambers on file, I had 2 myself.
    Last edited by constructor; 11-10-22 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    Keep in mind a 223 Rem Match (.068"FB 1.5*throat)is a different design than a 5.56 CLE(.025" FB) and is different from a Rem 223(.025" FB 3* throat) and different from a 223 Wylde(.062"FB).
    ETA if Frank White(CLE) makes a "223 Match" different from his 5.56 CLE or 223 Rem Match I have not seen the design specs. Between Manson, Clymer, JGS and PTG there are probably over a hundred custom 223/5.56 chambers on file, I had 2 myself.
    All those different freebore dimensions makes it difficult to use a shared load recipe that is known to shoot well in a rifle with a different chamber. I could not come up with a good reload that would shoot well in the CLE match barrel, so I copied the barrel and load other people were using successfully.

I don't have the equipment to precisely measure the differences in match chambers, so I have to rely on collected reload data and down range scores. This thread has been an education.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    I didn't take it as DwayneZ was trying to decide for himself, if that is the case I should have answered differently.
    I little background on me as if my opinions matter LOL. I received my first gunsmith cert in 79, started designing wildcats/chambers in 1982. Worked as an engineer in another field for 25 years. In 2007 I started AR Performance to make higher quality/accurate barrels. 2009 I figured out I could not stand in front of a lathe 8-10 hrs a day and turn out 2 barrels a day. I decided to use what I knew about benchrest and highpower barrels and incorporate those ideas into a production barrel line. Pretty much retired now.
    If a friend asked me which widely available chamber he should use in an AR to shoot various kinds of ammo I would say a 223 Wylde every time. If he had a SAW or other lmg I would say the 5.56.
    I have a few HK 93s that have 5.56 chambers but other than those I have not owned a firearm that has had a 223 or 5.56 chamber in them since the mid 90s. Again just 1 opinion.

ETA- All 223 Wylde barrels are not of the same quality. I would not choose a 6 groove 7 twist barrel if I had a choice of that and other high performance rifling designs.
    Thanks.
    Right, I not debating for me, I was asking questions about Wylde vs NATO vs Rem cuts, and the ammo that fits them. And to boot, there's more cuts than just those 3.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    Thanks.
    Right, I not debating for me, I was asking questions about Wylde vs NATO vs Rem cuts, and the ammo that fits them. And to boot, there's more cuts than just those 3.
    The answers to my questions that Constructor replied to would help us help you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The answers to my questions that Constructor replied to would help us help you.
    Yes, I read all that.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yes, I read all that.
    But no answers. Enjoy being deliberately obtuse. Some people can’t be helped.

Feedback Score
    But no answers. Enjoy being deliberately obtuse. Some people can’t be helped.
    I think you missing what I posted. #54 was just saying my ealier posts were debating the best setup in context of Wylde.
    You keep saying I am not getting it.
    No, I got it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I think you missing what I posted. #54 was just saying my ealier posts were debating the best setup in context of Wylde.
    You keep saying I am not getting it.
    No, I got it.
    Sorry I attacked you yesterday; it was unnecessary.

Feedback Score
    Sorry I attacked you yesterday; it was unnecessary.
    I did not read it as attack.
    It just seemed to read as if you missed the context I was replying in.
    All good.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast