Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .223 wylde

Feedback Score

.223 wylde

so if .223 wylde is suppose to give you the best crossover performance regarding .223 and 5.56 , why is it manufacturers of AR15 rifles simply do not just produce .223 wylde exclusively

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Thanks!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    so if .223 wylde is suppose to give you the best crossover performance regarding .223 and 5.56 , why is it manufacturers of AR15 rifles simply do not just produce .223 wylde exclusively
    Personally would like to see more offerings with real .223 match chambers.

A guy can always send one out to be reamed bigger but you cant sent a 5.56 chambered barrel off to have that chamber shrunk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    That thread is full of false information.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    That thread is full of false information.

Which is false and which is good? Seems like some guys referenced the guy who came up with the chamber design... I'd assume that would be good info.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    well , i got a 18 inch fluted stainless .223 Wylde barrel for a build , rifle length gas, because its a stainless barrel i feel its best to do a stainless gas block ,

im almost ready to pull the trigger on the Suplerative Arms adjustable bleed off , will be using a Hogue overmold tube FF handguard , my concern lays on the "Bleedoff" design of the gasblock

since its a rifle length port placement, the stainless barrel is a matte finish ,and the overmold handguard has rubber texture , that i will experience excessive carbon build up externally , at very least worried there will be way more than usual

this build is not a utility rifle build , more so a planned out tasteful what i always called a pretty boy rifle so i dont want to be scrubbing carbon off the barrel and the overmold HG

does anyone have real world experience with adjustable "bleed off" type gas blocks , are my concerns valid or am i G2G , i understand im going to experience some external carbon ,especially during initial break in period until the gas system seals up , this is to be expected even with a more traditional GB , i weighed cleaning maintenance when choosing the barrel and understand with the type of barrel finish there will be a different regiment , im just wanting to avoid a black barrel after a couple hundred rds because that would be a drag, and when choosing which rifle to take out the PITA cleaning may cause it to become a safe queen , you know , because im lazy

thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have good luck with the .223 Wylde chamber on match rifles, but I don't think it would be a good chamber for a service rifle or carbine. I've seen pressure issues with some cartridges, when running carbine courses, which may be why the manufacturers don't use the Wylde .223 chamber exclusively.

Manufacturers have test equipment for measuring chamber pressures and high-speed cameras for observing bolt speeds, which most of us do not have access to. I've seen noticeable differences in muzzle velocities when shooting the same ammunition through rifles with 5.56mm chambers and .223 Wylde chambers and I suspect that would be a clue to differences in chamber pressures. Without access to the proper test equipment, that's just speculation on my part. Industry professionals directly involved in testing should be able to give us better insight.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have good luck with the .223 Wylde chamber on match rifles, but I don't think it would be a good chamber for a service rifle or carbine. I've seen pressure issues with some cartridges, when running carbine courses, which may be why the manufacturers don't use the Wylde .223 chamber exclusively.
    Solution -

Don't load to or run 'hot' 5.56 pressure level ammo. Stick to .223 pressure levels and there are generally never any issues.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Solution -

Don't load to or run 'hot' 5.56 pressure level ammo. Stick to .223 pressure levels and there are generally never any issues.
    It would require some research on the part of the shooter. It's safer for the firearm industry to error on the side of caution.
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast