Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Federal Patrol Rifle

Feedback Score

Colt Federal Patrol Rifle

I picked up a new Colt Federal Patrol Rifle from my FFL this morning. I have not fired yet, but a cursory glance over the gun looks great. The gun comes standard with a Magpul CTR Stock, A2 grip, A2 flash hider, 4 position RE, castle nut staking looks excellent! The upper receiver is not marked with either a “C” or cage code. The gun comes with Gen 2 Magpul PRO BUIS, which are great sights. Barrel has a cage code. Lower parts appear to be Schmid Tool as marked with an “S”. The inside of the upper has the dry film lubricant. The gun also features the Geissele Mk4 rail. I believe the Mk16 to be objectively superior, but the Mk4 is a sexy rail I have always thought looked good. The lower on this particular rifle is marked M4 Carbine which I believe Colt is doing to all new guns as of now. Overall, I’m extremely pleased and am looking forward to adding some flavor of Aimpoint, sling, and probably a B5 grip.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In for pics as I am a Colt Fan Boi!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is it a mid or carbine gassed barrel?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    It's model number is LE6920FBP2, so I'd guess as a 6920 it's carbine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Carbine. It’s a standard 6920 with a 13.5” Mk4 rail, PRO sights, and CTR stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Im constantly amazed at the number of ways and names they keep coming up for the 6920. They just keep adding names and changing furniture.
    Were I in the market for a 6920, Id get the OEM one and put on exactly what I wanted & be done with it.
    It would be the Straight Shooter Tactical Federal CQB/ABC/EFG/ Sniper/ Recon/ FBI/DEA Model.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Im constantly amazed at the number of ways and names they keep coming up for the 6920. They just keep adding names and changing furniture.
    Were I in the market for a 6920, Id get the OEM one and put on exactly what I wanted & be done with it.
    It would be the Straight Shooter Tactical Federal CQB/ABC/EFG/ Sniper/ Recon/ FBI/DEA Model.
    They must have hired someone from SIG who worked on the P365... X / XL / XL MACRO / MINI / DIAMONDPLATE....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    They must have hired someone from SIG who worked on the P365... X / XL / XL MACRO / MINI / DIAMONDPLATE....
    Hilarious! But, am I WRONG? Same rifle...A good one, no doubt...but they KEEP ON & ON & ON with names and models...enough already.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I don’t see how colt offering a rifle with a Geissele rail equals them being Sig rainbow/diamond plate, but to each their own. I think this will be a popular option though. It’s appropriately priced and well outfitted. The Mk4 came with Geissele’s new steel QD socket insert as well which was a nice surprise. The CTR is one of my favorite stocks and the gen2 Magpul PRO sights are second only to the KAC Micro’s in my opinion.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 10-03-22 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I prefer the MagPul MOE SL stock, but I’d be perfectly fine with a CTR stock.

I’m not a fan of an A2 pistol grip, but that’s cheap and easy to change.

Would I prefer a midlength gas system? Yes. But would I have an issue with using a carbine gas system in a duty rifle? Nope, I carried a 6920 as a patrol rifle for a long time.

DoubleW, you’ve got a solid rifle setup. I’d add a sling, white light and a usage appropriate optic and call it good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast