Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt Federal Patrol Rifle

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Now we need pictures.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I made one of these with a 13.0 mk13 rail. Funny how that happened.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I think the MK4 rail makes sense as a play on the 11.5” FBI uppers that are popular. That said it should be a green rail.

Secondly using the 6920 barrel and not the mid gas barrel from the 6960 they sold is a lost opportunity.
    They’re not Colt’s attempt at a clone, they’re offered as non-nfa individual agent purchase guns. They’ve been out for about 4-5 years now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    They’re not Colt’s attempt at a clone, they’re offered as non-nfa individual agent purchase guns. They’ve been out for about 4-5 years now.
    Right. Arms Unlimited and a few other dealers first listed them about four years ago, I think, and they were sold out for about the last two years, but they’ve just recently reappeared in the last couple months. Not sure if the FBI ordered a new batch or if Colt decided to produce more for the civilian market.

AU still has their original product listing and (small) photos from when it was first released (back in stock now):

Colt M4 Carbine Federal Patrol Rifle

Atlantic Firearms has more detailed photos of what looks like the updated model. I believe the Mk4 rail was updated with steel inserts for the QD sling sockets which you can see in these images:

COLT M4 CARBINE FEDERAL PATROL RIFLE

I’ve always thought it looked a good quality, basic duty rifle and kind of wanted one, but I just didn’t really want another 16” barrel with a carbine length gas tube.

Feedback Score
    I noticed something interesting when I was swapping pistol grips yesterday. The grip tang portion of the lower is marked C7. Anyone else notice that on any of the newer Colts? I know the C7 is the Canadian service rifle so it was interesting to see that on a US made rifle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123