Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock AR15

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It's in competition to KAC and I think another for UK SF (not just SAS) contract. I don't know that the contract has been settled yet. I do not know if it'll be mass produced for civilian sales.

It is proprietary and has several patents. I dig the QD rail for manipulating the adjustable gas block, but otherwise nothing gives me excitement. I would not want one for the simple fact of Glock proprietary parts, so you know they'd be expensive and probably hard to get.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Regardless of the hate, Glock would sell these in droves here in the US.

"Glock" brand sells.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Why would anyone think Glock would magically make a better M4 than the current top tier manufacturers who have decades of experience?

Lots of guys get all excited about a Glock something in 5.56mm but I don’t understand why. Just because they are really good at injection molded polymer pistol frames and designed a simple pistol with a reliable magazine, doesn’t mean they’re going to build some Uber super duper carbine that uses non of their core strengths in manufacturing/engineering.
    What strengths in manufacuring/engineering do they have that wouldnt transfer from pistol to rifle?

I believe that if you have sound manufacturing & engineering you can make a solid anything. The best? Maybe not, but solid.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-03-22 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    I was hoping that when I saw this thread it would read that they are making Glock carbines finally as AR pistol caliber carbines. I know many people have been hoping that Glock would make a carbine for a very long time.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Regardless of the hate, Glock would sell these in droves here in the US.

"Glock" brand sells.
    I was at a pistol training course last year and the instructor said “Glock could come out with a single shot shotgun and would sell tons of them because, well, it’s a Glock”.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    I was hoping that when I saw this thread it would read that they are making Glock carbines finally as AR pistol caliber carbines. I know many people have been hoping that Glock would make a carbine for a very long time.
    True, but I think most people (myself included) were thinking along the lines of something "proprietary" or different. This is just another DI AR platform. Not knocking it mind you, just that the long-awaited Glock entry into the long-gun world is kinda meh.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    True ABNAK, maybe Österreich is handing out contracts? Or they have watched the USA AR-15 market and figure it may add to their bottom line.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    True ABNAK, maybe Österreich is handing out contracts? Or they have watched the USA AR-15 market and figure it may add to their bottom line.
    Good point, but Gaston's Boys missed that boat by a couple of years. The AR market is basically flooded these days. Yeah, they did it for a military contract but one would think it will eventually seep into the already "obese" AR market.

For some reason I always pictured Glock's fabled [non]entry into the carbine field as being a gas piston operated system. Not sure why, just a prediction I made to myself.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I always though a Glock carbine would just be a G17 with a shoulder stock and an extended mag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lame and weak.

I want the one they’ve kept hidden for 30 years with the quick change barrels and the ability to use 5.45 ammo and magazines with the integrated optic

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast