Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a dirt cheap full size semi auto

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looking for a dirt cheap full size semi auto

Gotta be reliable, 9mm or bigger, hold 15rd or more, and priced at or less than $350. Cheaper the better but has to go bang each time. Needing a dedicated glove box gun that if got stolen wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't own any sub $500 pistols so I don't know much about "budget" pistols.

I did get to looking at the FXS-9 and I must say it looks great, seems reliable, and accurate enough. Really think the manual safety is pretty dumb though.

Feedback Score
    The smith SD9VE is generally available in your budget. It has a proven track record of reliability, and a reasonable amount of parts available. It would be my #1 choice in a budget gun.

Second, as the glove box is frequently check when vehicles are burged, and easily broken open, if you actually mean a glove box, please consider other options. The majority of firearms used in street-level crime are stolen. I’d rather not impart the personal/civil/moral liability of having my gun stolen.

Lock boxes that are quick access and secured to the seat rails of a vehicle should at least significantly slow down unwanted access.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Police trade in, Glock .40 or M&P first gen tend to be the cheapest.

Feedback Score
    Look no further than Canik.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Beretta APX. CHEAP AF, at least as good or better than any (Glock, CZ, etc). Fully supported by the oldest gun manufacturer on earth. They are around here for the mid $300s.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Beretta APX. CHEAP AF, at least as good or better than any (Glock, CZ, etc). Fully supported by the oldest gun manufacturer on earth. They are around here for the mid $300s.
    Closer to $200 if you do it right. Definitely THE sleeper pistol.

You're welcome...
    https://rapid-rebates.com/apxa1carry
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, the Stoeger STR 9mm checks a lot of boxes and is hard to beat at it’s price point.
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-09-22 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    You can pick up a PSA Dagger (glock clone) for $299. The one i have has been gtg for 1k rounds. Lots of feedback online

Compatible with glock gen 3 parts. You can get the RMR slide version as low as $299 on sale as well

Canik and Berretta APX are 2 other good choices

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Stoeger STR 9mm
    In my opinion, this is the best deal going right now. It's $200 + sales tax (if applicable) delivered. It's basically a Glock clone with metal magazines. I've purchased this and the compact version. The quality appears to be on par with an actual Glock.
    https://botach.com/stoeger-str-9-9mm-pistol/

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Stoeger STR vs the PSA Dagger

https://youtu.be/PczHFrS1PiE

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast