Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a dirt cheap full size semi auto

Feedback Score
    I'll add that the newer production STR-9's don't have that billboard model name on the side of the slide. Mine, which came from Botach, has the model number engraved smaller and black. It's tastefully discrete.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Looking for a dirt cheap full size semi auto

Does the Stoeger accept any Glock parts?
    Also, mags are pretty pricey...$33 or so.
    Last edited by czgunner; 10-04-22 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Stoeger looks like a clear winner for me. I'm curious about the optics ready version (if it ever comes down in price) but I also wonder how battery life for a red dot would be in a glove box that sees 110 degrees down to 30 degrees temp.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I have a ton of Glock mags, not using Glock mags would be a deal breaker for the Stoeger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    You can pick up a PSA Dagger (glock clone) for $299. The one i have has been gtg for 1k rounds. Lots of feedback online

Compatible with glock gen 3 parts. You can get the RMR slide version as low as $299 on sale as well

Canik and Berretta APX are 2 other good choices
    I also agree. Mine only has about 400 rounds through it. I like the grip shape and even the S&W style trigger better than the Glock. That safety lever on the Glock Trigger feels like a dull knife on my finger after 100 rounds. I am a little concern if the slide is from China to keep the price low and therefore will be made of soft steel, but so far no abnormal signs of wear. Several models to choose from: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-.../handguns.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Used M&P would be my choice there. Most people put few rnds through their pistols, most are barely broken in as used. Personally, for that $, I'd opt for a used vetted legacy brand such as M&P, Glock, etc over anything new for that $.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I also agree. Mine only has about 400 rounds through it. I like the grip shape and even the S&W style trigger better than the Glock. That safety lever on the Glock Trigger feels like a dull knife on my finger after 100 rounds. I am a little concern if the slide is from China to keep the price low and therefore will be made of soft steel, but so far no abnormal signs of wear. Several models to choose from: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-.../handguns.html
    I was told American steel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I was told American steel.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I bought a taurus g3c for that. Was 229 shipped. There are lots of options out there right now for "cheap" 9mms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308TRUMPFTW View Post
    I bought a taurus g3c for that. Was 229 shipped. There are lots of options out there right now for "cheap" 9mms.
    My brother has a g2 that triples. Are the g3 a better pistol?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast