Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a dirt cheap full size semi auto

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Held and dry fired a few today.

1) PSA Dagger

Absolutely nothing special about it. Didn't like the way the grip felt. The trigger was the worst out of all of them, reminded me of a terrible Glock trigger. Oddly I didn't notice the hinge trigger. Optic ready will be a huge point towards it though.

2) Stoeger str 9

Pointed better than the Dagger but was nothing special. Trigger was slightly better but again, nothing special at all.

3) FXS-9

Pointed pretty good for me but also has different backstraps. TRIGGER IS AMAZING! I'm a trigger snob and holy crap I've never felt a trigger this good in a sub $700 gun, it's that good. Love everything about it except no optics cut and a manual safety is a pretty big negative for me.

4) Canik

Had a good trigger but honestly wasn't as good as the FXS-9. Nothing special but I liked it. I think it had the highest capacity magazine but could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The SAR9 is a good option. Comfortable, reliable, and cheap. It's looks like HK and Glock had a baby. My brother has one. He's shot it a bunch....Zero failures so far. I have shot it myself. Good ergos...decent trigger...recoil is mild...goes bang every time.

He picked it up on a sale for $249 ($30 mfr rebate).
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 10-07-22 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The SAR9 is a good option. Comfortable, reliable, and cheap. It's looks like HK and Glock had a baby. My brother has one. He's shot it a bunch....Zero failures so far. I have shot it myself. Good ergos...decent trigger...recoil is mild...goes bang every time.

He picked it up on a sale for $249 ($30 mfr rebate).
    Doesn't look bad. Will have to look into it.

Right now (and I don't like them) the PSA Dagger is winning. Glock type trigger modifications and optic ready. Optic ready for me is HUGE! I want to convert all of my pistols to red dot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    My brother has a g2 that triples.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    That sounds kinda fun.

Mine have been fine. No issues.

Oh another current "cheap" one is the girsan 92 copy. I think they make a hipower copy, a beretta 380 copy and a few 1911 as well.
    Last edited by 308TRUMPFTW; 10-07-22 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post

Right now (and I don't like them) the PSA Dagger is winning. Glock type trigger modifications and optic ready. Optic ready for me is HUGE! I want to convert all of my pistols to red dot.
    Understood. SAR9 has an optic ready Mete version WITH a red dot (albeit its a Riton) for $349 at Kentucky Gun Company. It WAS on sale for $279..but they went lightning fast and are out of stock at the moment. They have a notify when back in stock feature though and it seems the $349 price will stay although unsure if this model will restock or if its being replaced by their optic ready rmr pattern model.

Colors too.

Tan:
    https://www.kygunco.com/product/sar-...-safari-blk-17

OD:
    https://www.kygunco.com/product/sar-...d-green-blk-17

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308TRUMPFTW View Post
    That sounds kinda fun.

Mine have been fine. No issues.

Oh another current "cheap" one is the girsan 92 copy. I think they make a hipower copy, a beretta 380 copy and a few 1911 as well.
    I have a Girsan Regard and it has been just as flawlessly reliable as my Beretta 92. One big plus is the Girsan uses cheap and plentiful 92 FS mags. I am a huge fan of the $23 CDNN bulk 18rd MecGar mags https://www.cdnnsports.com/beretta-9...-packaged.html

Andy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post

Curious why you want to save a few hundred on a handgun yet are willing to spend more than that on a red dot?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Stoeger STR vs the PSA Dagger

https://youtu.be/PczHFrS1PiE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    Curious why you want to save a few hundred on a handgun yet are willing to spend more than that on a red dot?
    Who said I was willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a red dot? You said that, not me.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/holo...term=afternoon $169 from PSA and in person they have a deal going with a Dagger and 407 which is even cheaper.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 10-09-22 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    For me, I would be looking at either the Beretta APX or the IWI Masada….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast