Thread: Anyone running Springfield’s latest run of the operator 1911? Thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone running Springfield’s latest run of the operator 1911? Thoughts?

Looking into picking one of these up. Owned an MC operator many years ago and sold it. Wondering how the latest iteration is holding up for people.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have a TRP from a few years back and I am continually blown away by the level of quality you get for the dollar. I think if you are looking for a 1911 and you dont have Wilson or Blackhawk money the TRP is the gun to buy.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really loved my old Springfield and their customer was great. A buddy of mine had some issues with his 1911 loaded a few years ago. Springfields customer service was outstanding. He got the pistol back within 3 weeks, they covered shipping, and did some extra maintenance stuff on it.

Just wondering if they are still putting out the same quality that I experienced.

Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would grab a SA with confidence. If you can upgrade to the TRP, I think it’s an amazing value as Monk stated. My TRP is my oldest gun still in the stable. Zero malfunctions after years of banging on it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Personal anecdote, I bought one in 45 two years ago and it has been great. It was one of their RMR'd models. Only Malfunctions were on cone shaped hornady FMJs and a fail to lock back during a training class that wasn't just dirty and muddy but straight soup. Hands down my favorite handgun. I almost exclusively run vickers wilson 8 and 10 rounders. Both are excellent.

TRPs, as mentioned, are supposed to be next level.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies! Happy to hear they are still putting out quality stuff. I’ll definitely consider a TRP. Just needs to make sense for the budget

Feedback Score
    I absolutely love mine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Picked one up back in December. Thanks for all the feedback. Have run about 600 through it since purchasing it. Very accurate and smooth. Had one failure to eject. Seems like an outlier as the issue has not occurred again. Very pleased and will definitely be holding on to this one.

Feedback Score
    I have a trp operator that I got back in 2014, it’s been through training classes, carried a lot and shot a ton. Just keep them wet, use good springs and they’ll run great. Only malfunctions I’ve had was some ammo I didn’t crimp quite enough.

I ran it through an lav 1911 operators class in 16. It one had one failure and that was crimp related. Everyone else had multiple failures. We had 100 malfunctions the first day. Lav said he’d never seen anything like it. But I kept mine wet and used handloads and only had one in two days. And it was my fault.

It’s accurate, not as accurate as my wc, but accurate. The only thing I don’t like is it could use some more rounded edges, they need smoothed out, but that’s a small thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk