Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone running Springfield’s latest run of the operator 1911? Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Crazy good price IMO.

PB
    Until you see the feedback that mentioned he is a scammer...... Another reason why I will only deal with FFL and rarely individuals on GB

Feedback Score
    I have a TRP Operator with around 1500 rounds through it. It is two years old, has been flawless. I'm still waiting for the first malfunction. It is a house gun loaded with 230gr HST. I generally carry a Les Baer TRS or a SA TRP (non operator) as my EDC (off duty).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a TRP in 10mm. I can vouch for their customer support in the event that you have an issue. My model, as is somewhat common in that caliber, wasn't perfect OOB. Couple failures to feed on 180gr rounds. I sent it in, and they polished it up and changed a spring, IIRC. Came back promptly and free, in good working order.

Feedback Score
    I absolutely love mine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Picked one up back in December. Thanks for all the feedback. Have run about 600 through it since purchasing it. Very accurate and smooth. Had one failure to eject. Seems like an outlier as the issue has not occurred again. Very pleased and will definitely be holding on to this one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Until you see the feedback that mentioned he is a scammer...... Another reason why I will only deal with FFL and rarely individuals on GB
    Yes, you do have to do your research on GB buyers or sellers. I just sold some KAC bipods and had several assholes try to buy off the GB system, which is probably a scam check.....

If you buy from an A+ seller and read reviews, its a good place to get deals sometimes. But watch your 6.

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got one with about 750-850 rounds trouble free. I added a S&A msp/magwell along with some cocobolo grips to make it look like the Professional. Trying to post pictures but I think I need to resize.

Feedback Score
    I have a trp operator that I got back in 2014, it’s been through training classes, carried a lot and shot a ton. Just keep them wet, use good springs and they’ll run great. Only malfunctions I’ve had was some ammo I didn’t crimp quite enough.

I ran it through an lav 1911 operators class in 16. It one had one failure and that was crimp related. Everyone else had multiple failures. We had 100 malfunctions the first day. Lav said he’d never seen anything like it. But I kept mine wet and used handloads and only had one in two days. And it was my fault.

It’s accurate, not as accurate as my wc, but accurate. The only thing I don’t like is it could use some more rounded edges, they need smoothed out, but that’s a small thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Did you grab a 1911?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12