Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Wilson SFT9

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Is this going to be a carry pistol or just for fun?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is this going to be a carry pistol or just for fun?
    I don't own fun guns, so likley primary CCW. I like to have one primary pistol for CCW, courses, IDPA, HD etc. The HKv9 will be relegated to back primary.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Oh my, the HK worshippers are going to have to be put on suicide watch.

As I am vacationing in your state this week, my side companion is a lowly M&P 2.0 Compact. I feel so inadequate. Lol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oh my, the HK worshippers are going to have to be put on suicide watch.
    I think the VP9 is the best striker fired polymer wonder pistol I have owned/experienced, but nothing beats the single action trigger of a 1911, much less a Wilson 1911. Obviously, there's a big $ differential there. I have been waiting for a rock solid reliable double stack 1911 based gun in 9mm with ergos that didn't suck, for a long time, and Wilson broke the code finally. My back up primary to the HK was a gen 1 M&P with Apex trigger kit. That will either get sold or be back up to the back up if no one wants it.

As I am vacationing in your state this week, my side companion is a lowly M&P 2.0 Compact. I feel so inadequate. Lol
    My sub compact choice is a M&P Shield 1.0 for when small as possible - without resorting to anything below 9mm - is essential, and wore that yesterday in IWB for a lunch meeting where my normal casual look was not allowed. The 2.0 M&P and Shields do have much better triggers! I don't think one can go wrong with a M&P 2.0 Compact as easy to conceal, reliable, cost effective SD. GF has the HK Vp9 compact, and that's really nice option for a few more $.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The Shield 1.0 is quite a little gun and the bigger M&P series are dependable. Not Gucci guns but will get the job done.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got to say that those Wilson pistols have tempted me for a while now and I may just have to pull the trigger on one. First time I've seen a first hand report on one after wondering about them for a while. I think Wilson makes good stuff.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-07-22 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Shield 1.0 is quite a little gun and the bigger M&P series are dependable. Not Gucci guns but will get the job done.
    When I was an adjunct trainer for S&W for a minute, I got to see early M&Ps being tested and field tested by a few PDs. Me, not an SME on pistols, felt it was a winner and would be a big seller for them. There was no Shield, just the full size M&P. I also got to see a group of LEOs come in with their M&Ps and give feedback on their experience and opinions of it. One did have some issues with his gun, and they brought in some on the spot from manufacturing division (we were at the Training Center) to work on it and test it and such. They were serious about making the M&P a solid reliable simple pistol that could and would (and did...) win contracts with PDs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I got to say that those Wilson pistols have tempted me for a while now and I may just have to pull the trigger on one. First time I've seen a first hand report on one after wondering about them for a while. I think Wilson makes good stuff.
    When I was a 1911 guy of course I wanted a Wilson, but for various reasons, didn't happen. When I transitioned to double stack wonder pistols, I hoped they or other would break the code and finally make a reliable double stack 9mm 1911 based gun that didn't have terrible ergos. The EDC-9 did that but for the ergos.

Finally, this series of guns does it all. You're gonna pay the Wilson $ to get it, and likley will trickle down to other brands that are less $. My experience with other brands attempts at double stack 9mm 1911s was they were super ammo finicky, and un reliable junk with terrible ergos. I know some are fans of the STI 2011 as a less expensive choice, but I don't have any experience with it, or STI and trust Wilson more to get it right, as do people like LAV, Ken H, etc it appears.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very cool gun. Why can't more companies make a direct mount to RDS vs using those monster plates. Still love the gun, just wish they could get that dot down a bit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I think the VP9 is the best striker fired polymer wonder pistol I have owned/experienced, but nothing beats the single action trigger of a 1911, much less a Wilson 1911. Obviously, there's a big $ differential there. I have been waiting for a rock solid reliable double stack 1911 based gun in 9mm with ergos that didn't suck, for a long time, and Wilson broke the code finally. My back up primary to the HK was a gen 1 M&P with Apex trigger kit. That will either get sold or be back up to the back up if no one wants it.

My sub compact choice is a M&P Shield 1.0 for when small as possible - without resorting to anything below 9mm - is essential, and wore that yesterday in IWB for a lunch meeting where my normal casual look was not allowed. The 2.0 M&P and Shields do have much better triggers! I don't think one can go wrong with a M&P 2.0 Compact as easy to conceal, reliable, cost effective SD. GF has the HK Vp9 compact, and that's really nice option for a few more $.
    Can you describe a little the differences you felt in ergonomics/handling between the EDC and the SFT9?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Can you describe a little the differences you felt in ergonomics/handling between the EDC and the SFT9?
    EDC felt similar to other double stack 1911s, fat and wide and not to my liking, the SFT9 is thinner, closer to a typical 1911 and feels comfortable in my medium sized hands. The SFT9 being a single piece if milled aluminum allowed them to make a thinner gun.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast