Thread: Automotive Perspective: 1982 Mustang vs Z-28

Feedback Score

Automotive Perspective: 1982 Mustang vs Z-28

Just some perspective on how awesome cars are now, if soulless. But look how bad they suuuuuuucked at the height (bottom?) of the bad years. Carb V8s with 150hp... 1/4 mile time around 16 seconds.... The highest performance cars of 1982 would have their asses handed to them by the 2023 Honda Oddessy minivan, never mind any other car. Another vid had the 83 Celica Supra with a 0-60 time of........wait...... 9.1 seconds.

I still remember being on my paper route, it was still dark out and had just stopped raining. It was cold and foggy and someone on my route had one of the brand new 83 Thunderbirds with the flush headlights and the aero shaped body.... covered on rain drops, poorly light by a streetlight, it looked like a space ship...

I love watching the old Motorweeks. Mainly because I remember watching them when they were first aired.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    How depressing it must’ve been for those who grew up in the muscle car era and then to have only these de-tuned cars to drive.

Always like the looks of the Camaro over the Mustang. The boxiness look of that version Mustang looked a little European.

Good stuff though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Makes me miss my 650HP ZL1...wait till all the E / Hybrids with AWD start hitting the streets having all four tires biting. Predicting a lot auto deaths as these young adults won't respect the acceleration / speeds.

Had a 84 Bronco with the 351 HO engine that had decent giddy up...the previous 81 was a bit of a dog. I ALMOST had Dad talked into getting Regal Grand National which was actually the fastest production car in 86. He ended up getting a Taurus SHO a coulee years later or so & that was a fun car albeit front wheel drive. Yamaha made the engine.

My dream muscle car would be a 69 COPO camaro with the L88 power plant.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, they suck in stock trim.

I need to get out and do some more work on my 3rd gen. Hard to get motivated these days.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    In 1963 I bought a 1963.5 Ford Galaxy with the 427 cu/in 425 HP engine, 4 speed manual and 3.70 rear axle. First trip to the drag strip with factory installed 15 x 6.70 tires and disconnected mufflers it ran a 15.3 ET 105 MPH. With tube headers, 4.56 rear end and cheater slicks plus lightening it by removing the heater, radio and insulation it eventually ran a 12.9 ET 110 MPH.
    Forward to 1986 I bought a 1986 IROC Z28, tuned port 350, automatic, 3.36 rear axle, A/C, power everything. First trip the strip it ran 15.3 ET/ 103 MPH. Both were of similar weight. The Z28 had the traction advantage of the wide Goodyear Gator Back tires.
    I wish I still had the Galaxy, it would be a $100,000 car today.