Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1301 Tac gen 2/3 bolt release issue.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

1301 Tac gen 2/3 bolt release issue.

I picked up a 1301 tac and while function checking and dry firing I was swiping forward on the bolt release as I was releasing it. The issue is the plastic tab that snaps onto the bolt release was obviously not made to be hit in and forward at the same time because it ejects itself off the metal lever. I was planning to just get a gen 1 Airdus bolt release latch shroud, but there is not a screw hole in the new design to mount it. I am looking for a new bolt release because i know I will not be coming home with the plastic tab after my first trip in the field. Anybody know of a company making a bolt release for a gen 2/3?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m having a hard time coming up with a way to hit it forward with enough force to knock the cover off. That combined with never having heard of the cover coming off makes me think it could be your manual of arms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I’m having a hard time coming up with a way to hit it forward with enough force to knock the cover off. That combined with never having heard of the cover coming off makes me think it could be your manual of arms.
    Agreed. I have a Gen2 1301 LE Tactical that i've run quite a bit, and have never had, or even heard, of this issue. I just grabbed my 1301 and tried to knock that shroud off and it won't even budge. Maybe you got a broken one? Might be worth reaching out to Beretta and see if they can send you a replacement

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Same here, not sure what the deal is.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just kind of slap it in and forward with my right hand and it launches off the metal tab. It looks pretty cheesy, maybe they changed the design between the one I have and the first Gen 2’s. It isn’t held on by much. I will contact Beretta and see what they say.

Edit: it doesn’t fly off every time, but if I try to do it, it will fly off every time, if that makes sense? I think it will surely launch if I hit it with a gloved hand.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 10-06-22 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just tried it again and can make it come off with 1 finger. Drop your bolt. Then just simply push it down to the receiver and give it slight forward pressure and it is off. It slides back on and clips in place.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwcwmrY_cg0

Best example I can find of the in and forward sweep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I just tried it again and can make it come off with 1 finger. Drop your bolt. Then just simply push it down to the receiver and give it slight forward pressure and it is off. It slides back on and clips in place.
    Just tried mine again. Dropped bolt, pushed down and forward as hard as i could - didn't budge. They either changed something or yours is broken. And my 1301 is def the Gen 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast