Thread: Terävä Skrama 240 from Varusteleka

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Terävä Skrama 240 from Varusteleka

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...on-steel/30189

While researching tools that combine uses of machets and hatchets I came upon reviews for the 240mm Skrama which is patterned after the broken back seax.
    Mine arrived this week and so far all the YouTube reviews about it's usefulness are holding true.

It has worked well as a Machete(albeit short) on central Kentucky overhanging branches, vines, and grasses.

I have only tried batonning 2" diameter stuff with it, but based on blade length 4" or slightly larger should be easily doable.

The spine is interesting in being fairly sharp, but has what appear to be relief angles ground along each side. Not sure if that was done to prevent distortion when hitting it or what, but the relief grinds do not prevent working very well with a ferro rod.

I haven't tried any fine carving with it, but shaving wood for making a tinder ball is a cinch and I honestly haven't noticed any obvious difference using the finer edge near the grip or the rest of the blade that has the coarser edge.

I did not buy the leather danger sheath after watching a few reviews about the size of the knife being more suited to carrying on or in a pack and I think that is valid.

I did order one of the British L85 PLCE frogs from Varustelka that the included plastic sheath fits nicely in to. The claimed Euro spec ITW female buckle Varusteleka sells still required some trimming to allow the prongs on the male half on the frog to snap in place.

Plenty of reviews can be found online by searching for Skrama 240 to see videos showing it in use and close up details.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-09-22 at 10:50.