Thread: Glock Mk27 barrel question

Feedback Score

Glock Mk27 barrel question

I've got a Glock MK27 mod 2. It's a daily carry but was wanting to put a non threaded barrel in it. Anyone know who would engrave the serial number in a new Glock barrel and look factory? Is this something Glock would do? Threaded barrel isn't needed for EDC
    Last edited by OGmechanic; 10-09-22 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why would you want to? “Clone?” There’s no requirement to do so.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    It's an authentic MK27. Verification through Glock with serial number. It was an over run that Glock sent out a few numbers by mistake. The threaded barrel digs in if I do carry cross draw. I carry cross draw 90% of the time. Digs in the pelvic bone. But would like to get a Glock standard barrel for it with matching SN

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Matching the serial number on the replacement barrel is only useful if you are trying to deceive someone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Getting any company to match a previously assigned serial number is virtually impossible. However, if you would like it to match numbers there are plenty of engravers that would be glad to engrave a number on a barrel for you.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    would just buy a second 19 and carry that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    would just buy a second 19 and carry that
    This, you could probably get a good price from someone whos into that stuff. Ive never even heard of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This, you could probably get a good price from someone whos into that stuff. Ive never even heard of it.
    I never heard of one either. It looks like a special run/collector 19. I would just carry a plain g19. There is no collector grade glocks to me. Maybe a gen 1. But thats it. I would sell the mk27.

Feedback Score
    I recently handled an issued MK27 Mod 2 that had the threaded replaced with a standard L prefix replacement barrel. That particular unit doesn’t use pistol suppressors and there was also some thought that it made the draw stroke easier. So order a standard Gen 4 replacement barrel from Glock and you’re set.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)