At $40 via Amazon it's a ridiculously good deal. I recently set up a battle belt and wanted to use the Safariland QLS and Mid-Ride Belt Loop attachment, and the holster could do double duty on the battle belt or CCW quickly using the QLS system, and got the Safariland 7378 7TS ALS for that use.

I was so impressed by that holster, I got another one for the new Wilson SFT9, and as a paddle holster, it's very comfortable, conceals very well, and stable. It even comes with belt slide choice also. I have never used retention holsters, but felt a retention holster on a battle belt was a good idea. The level 1 retention on that holster is very intuitive and fast and adds no time to the draw from what I can tell. It's right where your thumb will naturally go on the draw stroke.

It's not made of kydex, but some other injection molded polymer or another and seems less likley to mar the finish on a gun. It's made in USA I believe.

I also ordered a nice leather belt slide holster from Wilson for the SFT9 at $150, and I prefer the Safariland! If in need of a good holster that offers two modes of carry that does not break the bank, highly recommended.