Thread: Carabiner uses?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Carabiner uses?

Please excuse the ignorant question, but I need education. I regular see carabiners attached to the PALS on the body armor of Ukrainian soldiers, and sometimes to the PALS of backpacks. What is this for?

In my old job (2W051), I only ever saw guys use carabiners attached to belt loops for their gloves when not worn.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Way back in 04, 1st ID issued them to be attached to the rear of our IBA to act as a drag handle. Pretty sure most plate carriers have a handle built in today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Please excuse the ignorant question, but I need education. I regular see carabiners attached to the PALS on the body armor of Ukrainian soldiers, and sometimes to the PALS of backpacks. What is this for?

In my old job (2W051), I only ever saw guys use carabiners attached to belt loops for their gloves when not worn.
    Attaching things, like gloves, or anything else you can think of.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I use carabiners to attach things I commonly use but don't want to lose. My credentials and badge buddies clip onto my flight suit, and my shears are on a retractable leash and carabiner clipped to a pocket.

I keep a locking carabiner on the top handle of my SWAT aid bag to hang it on webbing inside of the Bearcat/ambulance (if riding with EMS). I also keep one on my NODs tie down to clip to some gutted 550 cord on my helmet shroud.

They're just useful to quickly attach stuff...Nalgenes, helmets, gloves, etc.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Repelling, rigging, attaching to something you want to drag, hanging a hammock, hanging up a lantern in a dugout all kinds of things that don't involve hanging stuff off your web gear.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 12-11-22 at 12:07.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks very much for the excellent info, Gentlemen, I sincerely appreciate the enlightening replies from experienced professionals.

Cheers!