Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Best "cheap" holster I have found: Safariland 7378 7TS ALS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,651
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Best "cheap" holster I have found: Safariland 7378 7TS ALS

    At $40 via Amazon it's a ridiculously good deal. I recently set up a battle belt and wanted to use the Safariland QLS and Mid-Ride Belt Loop attachment, and the holster could do double duty on the battle belt or CCW quickly using the QLS system, and got the Safariland 7378 7TS ALS for that use.

    I was so impressed by that holster, I got another one for the new Wilson SFT9, and as a paddle holster, it's very comfortable, conceals very well, and stable. It even comes with belt slide choice also. I have never used retention holsters, but felt a retention holster on a battle belt was a good idea. The level 1 retention on that holster is very intuitive and fast and adds no time to the draw from what I can tell. It's right where your thumb will naturally go on the draw stroke.

    It's not made of kydex, but some other injection molded polymer or another and seems less likley to mar the finish on a gun. It's made in USA I believe.

    I also ordered a nice leather belt slide holster from Wilson for the SFT9 at $150, and I prefer the Safariland! If in need of a good holster that offers two modes of carry that does not break the bank, highly recommended.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    LE/Mil specific info:

    https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a few of them, really good holsters.

    One of the things I watched prior to buying.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    19,651
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I have a few of them, really good holsters.

    One of the things I watched prior to buying.

    Cool. It used to be that cheap holsters were, well, cheap junk like Fobus etc. So, I kept the "get what you pay for" attitude, but they have shown not always the case, least in holsters. I also added the nub mod to the battle belt holster. Totally worth it too.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    LE/Mil specific info:

    https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,659
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have one for my 1911 and concur, they are very good holsters for the money. Mine is made in the US, unlike my 6378 holsters that are marked made in Mexico.

    I prefer the 6378 holsters because they are quieter, but the 7378 seems a little lighter and less bulky.

    Definitely an ALS fan.

    Andy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,120
    Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a couple 7378 7TS ALS holsters, I prefer the 6000 series but they are good low cost alternative and the QLS adds a lot of utility. Yeah, ALS fan
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,542
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I have a few of them, really good holsters.

    One of the things I watched prior to buying.
    https://youtu.be/BxZUE3VEVZg
    Dear god these tests are retarded. Running your holster over with a truck has zero indication of how good a holster is.

    A good realistic test would be several thousand draws of defeating the retention system and reholstering over and over then maybe throwing some crap inside to see if it will lock it up, not shooting your holster to see if it will still work.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-20-22 at 05:52.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Dear god these tests are retarded. Running your holster over with a truck has zero indication of how good a holster is.

    A good realistic test would be several thousand draws of defeating the retention system and reholstering over and over then maybe throwing some crap inside to see if it will lock it up, not shooting your holster to see if it will still work.
    So videos showing Fobus holsters being ripped apart are retarded and prove nothing because a Fobus holster not subjected to that will withstand thousands of draws and reholsters??

    I will agree the shooting it is silly though.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-20-22 at 12:02.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    7,133
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    So videos showing Fobus holsters being ripped apart are retarded and prove nothing because a Fobus holster not subjected to that will withstand thousands of draws and reholsters??

    I will agree the shooting it is silly though.
    I see and experience this a lot and its been grinding my gears.

    Vicious mentioned a truck running over the holster.
    Youre response is taking the position that he believes fobus holsters being ripped apart is retarded. How did you deduce that from his post? How did we go from defending an unrealistic test to fobus holsters? Its like that jordan peterson interview "so what youre saying is..."

    I will add, ripping them off a belt is a good realistic test if done right, because holsters are made to stay on belts... not get run over.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-28-22 at 19:00.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I see and experience this a lot and its been grinding my gears.

    Vicious mentioned a truck running over the holster.
    Youre response is taking the position that he believes fobus holsters being ripped apart is retarded. How did you deduce that from his post? How did we go from defending an unrealistic test to fobus holsters? Its like that jordan peterson interview "so what youre saying is..."

    I will add, ripping them off a belt is a good realistic test if done right, because holsters are made to stay on belts... not get run over.
    One of the claims made against 7ts holsters are their perceived fragility due to being lighter than 6xxx series Safariland holsters and feeling like junky plastic. Same claims made against polymer pistols at one point and one of the frequent torture tests to refute the claim was driving a truck over the pistol that would allegedly crumble from someone falling on it.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-28-22 at 21:51.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •