Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RDS On A Lever Gun

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog01 View Post
    Thanks, everyone. After suggestions here and elsewhere I'm researching closed emitters... Steiner MPS, Acro, Kraken, 509T...
    Does anyone have hands-on experience with them?
    I have a 509 on a pistol and love it if that helps. I'm sure with the right mount and correct height it would be awesome on the rifle.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you were leaning towards a scope, I would suggest a Leupold compact 2.5x over a LPVO for cost and weight savings with minimal loss of utility.

I am no help at all on the MRDS front.

Andy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    RMR type red dot on a very low profile mount on my Henry steel Big Boy carbine in 41 mag.

Love it, I did not want the weight and size of a scope screwing with the balance of my carbine.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Older Big Boy Steel .357 before the side load gate. EGW mount and a Venom. It is a lot of fun.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 11-01-22 at 13:28.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    RMR type red dot on a very low profile mount on my Henry steel Big Boy carbine in 41 mag.

Love it, I did not want the weight and size of a scope screwing with the balance of my carbine.
    Thanks. What dot and mount? I don't see any pics if you added them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Older Big Boy Steel .357 before the side load gate. EGW mount and a Viper. It is a lot of fun.
    You have a full cheek weld with the EGW? Who made your ammo cuff?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You have a full cheek weld with the EGW? Who made your ammo cuff?
    More upper jaw than cheek, but my head is more upright behind the dot and don't fee like I'm compromising.

The cuff was from a guy I found on Etsy with good reviews. CG Haynes out of Tuscaloosa.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    I have a Big Boy X in 45Colt. Tried and LPVO at first and did not like the balance and plus the fact that this carbine is for close in deer. Put a Sig Romeo on it and love the set up.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks. What dot and mount? I don't see any pics if you added them.
    EGW Sight Mount For Burris Fastfire, Vortex Venom & Viper for Ruger PC Carbine(also specified for the Henry big boy, also sold under Henry label)

Vortex Venom Red Dot Sight (3moa variant)

Mountsplus.com had a special where you got the mount for free if you bought the Red Dot.

I'm quite pleased with the vortex venom, though I know there are a bunch of people who will tell you the 507 or similar is better. But for the special I decided to give it a try

It's a very effective combination on a carbine and adds almost no weight or bulk.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob96 View Post
    I have a Big Boy X in 45Colt. Tried LPVO at first and did not like the balance and plus the fact that this carbine is for close-in deer. Put a Sig Romeo on it and love the setup.
    Ya got me thinking, LOL. I have a Sig Romeo on an AR upper that I have not shot in ages so it's just sitting there,, I also have a Holosun kicking around. I love the 1x8 scope but when you and others talk about weight/balance I think I would be better off with the RDS for sure. I don't hunt with this rig so just range and goof around stuff. I'll keep ya posted when I do the switch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast