Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RDS On A Lever Gun

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    The Marlin leverguns generally come d/t for a rail or scope bases. Mounting the mrds base directly on the top of the action using those screw holes lowers the sight enough to improve the cheek weld, as in this 45 Colt Marlin 1894CBC with a Holosun 508T on an EGW base, Andy's Rhodesian sling, and Hi-Viz fiber optics. Great rifle that can handle anything in the mid-Atlantic Appalachians where I live. Check out EGW to see if they make one for the rifle/mrds you want to mount.

Last edited by Bruce in WV; 11-05-22 at 10:34.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    The Marlin leverguns generally come d/t for a rail or scope bases. Mounting the mrds base directly on the top of the action using those screw holes lowers the sight enough to improve the cheek weld, as in this 45 Colt Marlin 1894CBC with a Holosun 508T on an EGW base, Andy's Rhodesian sling, and Hi-Viz fiber optics. Great rifle that can handle anything in the mid-Atlantic Appalachians where I live. Check out EGW to see if they make one for the rifle/mrds you want to mount.

They do make one. I'm using a RDS with a RMR pattern. I'm also looking at Phoenix Armory's version.

Feedback Score
    They love the red dot in Europe for running game especially boar.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I've had some trouble getting a proper cheek weld with the optic, even with a low mount. A Bradly Cheek Rest has solved the problem (and there's plenty of vertical adjustment room left in the comb riser in case I wish to go to a traditional scope).
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 01-15-23 at 14:53.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123