Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC 5.56 Ammo Evaluation

Feedback Score
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that brass looks like it was simply not tumbled again after annealing.

Most factory ammo is tumbled after annealing to make it pretty and shiny, but for example FGMM in 7.62 (as compared to .308) is not, and the annealing remains visible.

AFAIK, it's a purely cosmetic thing...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that brass looks like it was simply not tumbled again after annealing.
    I didn't click the link, but yeah... that would make sense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear and another buddy just bought AAC 77 gr OTM ammo at about $0.55 per round from Palmetto State Armory. Apparently out of stock now, but we'll get to shoot some of this next weekend I'd guess.

(edit: Man.. they show TMKs, SMKs, and even the TSX bullets that the gays love as ammo options... Everything is out of stock now, but it's interesting the options you can get)
    Last edited by markm; 03-30-23 at 14:23.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    ……Man.. they show TMKs, SMKs, and even the TSX bullets that the gays love as ammo options... Everything is out of stock now, but it's interesting the options you can get)
    You are incorrigible mark. Love it!
    Just color me “gay” then. (-:
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If PB got a TSX wild hair, I'd go on reloading strike.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought 500 rounds so I am really hoping it shoots well. There was a point in time that Outback ammo had 69 SMK's for .33 a round and I bought a case, but wished I had bought 10 cases. Because that is what an SMK cost at the time. So, when I saw this, I was thinking I better at least grab a few.

Range report to follow. Smart way for them to get the word out on their ammo. Sell an initial lot for cheap, for about the cost of a bullet and primer for gods sake. Be interesting to see if they continue this pricing, which I doubt.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Pappabear and another buddy just bought AAC 77 gr OTM ammo at about $0.55 per round from Palmetto State Armory. Apparently out of stock now, but we'll get to shoot some of this next weekend I'd guess.

(edit: Man.. they show TMKs, SMKs, and even the TSX bullets that the gays love as ammo options... Everything is out of stock now, but it's interesting the options you can get)
    Did you guys order the AAc / PSA 77gr made bullet ? ... or the 77gr SMK AAC version ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    Did you guys order the AAc / PSA 77gr made bullet ? ... or the 77gr SMK AAC version ?
    I'm sure they went SMK... I didn't see another 77 besides the TMK. Either way, we'll put some pics and stuff up next weekend.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure they went SMK... I didn't see another 77 besides the TMK. Either way, we'll put some pics and stuff up next weekend.

SMK 77gr .... "The 5.56 77GR Sierra MatchKing® HPBT Ammunition from AAC".... no cannalure.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-...-20rd-box.html
    imageaac556smk1-20.jpg

AAC 77gr bullet.... "Bullet Type: AAC Open Tip Match (OTM)" The $10.99 / 20rds stuff.... and has a visible cannalure
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-...mmunition.html
    imageaac556otm1-20.jpg

I don't know yet... but the AAC 77gr hollow point might be larger then the SMK hollow point. Sure looks like it in some pics I have seen.
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 04-01-23 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    SMK 77gr .... "The 5.56 77GR Sierra MatchKing® HPBT Ammunition from AAC".... no cannalure.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-...-20rd-box.html
    imageaac556smk1-20.jpg

AAC 77gr bullet.... "Bullet Type: AAC Open Tip Match (OTM)" The $10.99 / 20rds stuff.... and has a visible cannalure
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-...mmunition.html
    imageaac556otm1-20.jpg

I don't know yet... but the AAC 77gr hollow point might be larger then the SMK hollow point. Sure looks like it in some pics I have seen.
    Look again at the closeups. Both have visible cannelure.....At least in the pictures provided by PSA. In fact they both look identical.
    Last edited by BobinNC; 04-01-23 at 10:57.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast