Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Langdon Tac did my HK P30 slide mill, plate adapter and BUIS & cerakote job

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Why did you choose to mill for a plate and not direct for RMR?
    That is how the LTT system works. Like the Beretta, you don't have enough room to go direct and it's a plate system.

I believe some of it also has to do with internals in the slide that would get booogered up if you went direct mill, but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks like it sits well on the gun... fairly low profile.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Rhino, you are correct as I understand it. When I first saw the plate, I was thinking “ how stupid the plates sticks over the edge a c hair” . Then I put the dot on it and the fit was exact. The plate also offers the rear iron, just like Vulcan did on my 1911 mill job.

C-grunt, you bring that million dollar 308 out to the ranch mi amigo!! Yea we will give it a whirl Saturday.
    The dot already lined up perfect to irons which made me smile.

Going to be HK day at the ranch. P30, VP9, HK45 ( would love to get a dot on that) and maybe an MP cinco clone.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-13-22 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice PB. My P30 is left wanting now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shot this gun today and shot it well. Ran a couple drills after sighting it in. Both Mark and I played with it. Only issue I had is going back and forth from a P30 with LEM light trigger to a Stacatto is not ideal. But once I settled into my P30, it was money.

I took a Dremel to my old holster to make it optics ready, now its carry ready, very cool. Great carry gun now.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Only issue I had is going back and forth from a P30 with LEM light trigger to a Stacatto is not ideal.
    That thought goes through my mind every time I look at a new pistol in the gun store. Probably saved me lots of money over the years.

The HK mag release lever gives me nightmares though, I’d hate going to and from that.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    That thought goes through my mind every time I look at a new pistol in the gun store. Probably saved me lots of money over the years.

The HK mag release lever gives me nightmares though, I’d hate going to and from that.
    Probably very wise. I change guns all the time when I shoot competitions, not ideal but its fun and good training just not optimal to do ones best. A lot of people hate that mag release, never troubled me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh I actually like the mag release, I would just feel the need to only own and train on it. I know I lack the time and ammo budget to master one pistol right now, much less different grips, triggers, and controls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12