Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any shame in what I would like to do?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys, full steam ahead!

I reload, I ordered some Barnes TAC XP’s 140 grain and 155 grain copper hollow point bullets. I’ll have fun developing a good hunting load. In California our bullets must be lead free. I will be ordering at least a 5.19” Tactical barrel or possibly a 6” hunter barrel haven’t decided just yet. The slide will be sent in for an RMR milling job.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a friend that has killed a brown bear (9' squared), a mountain goat, Dall sheep and caribou with a 10mm. All were one shot kills. He is extremely patient and takes only shots he knows he can make. Personally, I've killed a black bear with a .45ACP and it did the job with one shot catching part of the heart and both lungs using a 230 grain Remington Golden Saber hollow point. I'd have zero issue hunting deer at close range with a 10mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Wounding animals for some self-handicapping thrill isn't my bag. But whatever.
    Can confirm that is not true, I have personally hunted, shot and wounded deer with a 40 S&W and a 9mm. Granted they were less then 20 yards. But know the limits of what cartridge you are using. Hell, our state min caliber is a 22 MAG for white tails.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123