Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    They also make the CTR Tikka but I'm not sure if it's a threaded barrel and other stuff I wanted, but I know it's a better deal IF YOU CAN FIND THEM.

PB
    Keywords for sure, "In Stock". Well, I have good news and bad news, LOL I was looking on GB & there were 2@ $1529.99 plus tax +3% CC, and shipping (Super Varmint). I ended up looking at https://www.eurooptic.com/ and the rifle was out of stock but said it could be Backordered so I gave em a call. Talked with a guy and they have 48 on order and expecting them in a month or 2 so we know that could be tomorrow or never,LOL. I gave them some $$ down to hold one so we will go from there I guess. The good news is it will give me time to sell a couple of items and decide on which scope I want. I also know KRG makes a nice stock/chassis for Tikka rifles as I already have one and really like it so that's a thought also. EuroOptics is running 50% off Vortex for Vets till the 13th I beleive, so maybe I'll look those over and pick up a nice scope, not a NF but could probably get a decent one. Keep your info/data coming & I'll keep ya posted on when this rifle shows up, hopefully before the new year.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There is a Tikka Sporter for sale over on SH
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-drop.7126322/

This is what I have and they shoot as advertised.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    There is a Tikka Sporter for sale over at SH
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-drop.7126322/

This is what I have and they shoot as advertised.
    Thank you for the heads up. I'm sure it's an amazing rifle but that yellowish stock is a bit much for me,, LOL I'm not against waiting so we will see. I like the idea of getting all my ducks in a row and when it shows up I can do exactly what I want to do with it. I'm patient for now but thanks again for the info.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Oh boy, Merry early Christmas to ME! I just got the call from EuroOptics & Brandon, my Tikka Super Varmint in 223 is in and ships on Tuesday! I should have it Friday at the latest. Time for scope fixins and load development. In prepping I have already sorted out a bunch of RP once-fired brass and given it the go over & brass is primmed & ready. I'll need to settle on powder/bullets. I'll get some pic when it is range ready & will keep ya posted.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I found some 88 gr red tip (I guess Hornaday) bullets I plan to load to try. They're long loaded like the 80gr Nos CCs.

Single feeding the Tikka is a pain because long bullets will seat in the top of the mag, but the mag won't go into the gun.. The chamber is cut flat on the back so you have to be precise with your fingers.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Oh boy, Merry early Christmas to ME! I just got the call from EuroOptics & Brandon, my Tikka Super Varmint in 223 is in and ships on Tuesday! I should have it Friday at the latest. Time for scope fixins and load development. In prepping I have already sorted out a bunch of RP once-fired brass and given it the go over & brass is primmed & ready. I'll need to settle on powder/bullets. I'll get some pic when it is range ready & will keep ya posted.
    I suggest you adjust the "adjustable trigger" first thing. Mark tweaked the trigger so if you have any questions PM him. I hated it before the tweak and don't mind it at all now. I mean I fckn hated it. It's a two stage trigger and we shoot them all the time on gas guns but never on a bolt gun. Its a real nice gun, you will enjoy that bad boy. Congrats M1a Scout!

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. The trigger adjustment has a stop limit bolt behind it. I just backed it all the way out which still leaves a conservative 2.75ish feeling pull. Much better, but not so light that it causes anxiety over safety.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I suggest you adjust the "adjustable trigger" first thing. Mark tweaked the trigger so if you have any questions PM him. I hated it before the tweak and don't mind it at all now. I mean I fckn hated it. It's a two-stage trigger and we shoot them all the time on gas guns but never on a bolt gun. It's a really nice gun, you will enjoy that bad boy. Congrats M1a Scout!

PB

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. The trigger adjustment has a stop-limit bolt behind it. I just backed it all the way out which still leaves a conservative 2.75ish feeling pull. Much better, but not so light that it causes anxiety over safety.
    Thanks, guys I will look into it for sure. Will see what it feels like out of the box & go from there. I don't have a high-end scope but a decent one,( Athlon Midas TAC 5-25x56mm DD CWT SF 34mm APLR4 FFP MOA Riflescope 213080)EuroOptics offers 40% off Vortex Scopes and offers an additional 10% at times for Vets/Military/LEOs but I didn't take advantage a week or so ago when they did offer it, I had just spent $1500.00 on the rifle,LOL I'll wait for the next time I guess. I'll keep ya posted and be working on some loads myself.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Thanks, guys I will look into it for sure. Will see what it feels like out of the box & go from there. I don't have a high-end scope but a decent one,( Athlon Midas TAC 5-25x56mm DD CWT SF 34mm APLR4 FFP MOA Riflescope 213080)EuroOptics offers 40% off Vortex Scopes and offers an additional 10% at times for Vets/Military/LEOs but I didn't take advantage a week or so ago when they did offer it, I had just spent $1500.00 on the rifle,LOL I'll wait for the next time I guess. I'll keep ya posted and be working on some loads myself.
    I feel your pain, I stole a NF off one of my other guns after putting on another brand that was just fine, but NF is my comfort zone. Even an old NXS scope iOS GTG for me. I plan to buy an ATACR when I get a couple pennies back in my pocket. Buying guns is easy, its the glass, bipod, level, rail and base that sucks money out of your pocket.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Hey PB, well my rifle came in & I picked it up today, it does look sweet! Tinkering with it and sizing up my scope, I will finish the setup this weekend. The weather is a rollercoaster up in Central NY now so maybe this weekend,or perhaps friggin springtime, LOL. Trigger really didn't seem bad, although I did not put my gauge on it. Playing with the mag it looks cheap, but I'm sure if I don't abuse it will be fine. Now, will this rifle take AIC-style mags/Magpul? EuroOptics has more 6 rd mags in stock so I can get the factory, do you recommend one over the other? No suppressors in my neck of the woods,(Commie State) but I did buy an APA brake, LOL on Black Friday, it should shoot flat as hell and scare everyone within 20 feet of me away! Also where did you get that level on yours, it looks like it flips out. Do you need certain rings or mounts for the level to attach? I think that's it for now, hope ya don't mind me bugging ya. Thanks for the help & info.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast