Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You ought to buy a couple extra mags. PB has one that we suspect is fussy at feeding, but I orderd the single feed follower for long loads to run in that one yesterday. I don't think there's any alternate mag options.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I donít think there are other options for the mags. You are stuck with Tikka mags which I really wish it was AICS Mags. Like Mark said, one mag didnít feed for shit and I was freaking out thinking it was the gun. But I had one bad mag.

The US Optics level can be bought on Amazon or Brownells and they come with folder version or not. I like the folder. They fit right in the pic rail. Cost $100 or so. Kinda pricy much cheaper options but I like them.

I bought the rail for bipod from Triad tactical which you need to be a little handy to instal which Iím not. Or you can run a Harris or no bipod at all.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-02-22 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Thanks, guys I will look into it for sure. Will see what it feels like out of the box & go from there. I don't have a high-end scope but a decent one,( Athlon Midas TAC 5-25x56mm DD CWT SF 34mm APLR4 FFP MOA Riflescope 213080)EuroOptics offers 40% off Vortex Scopes and offers an additional 10% at times for Vets/Military/LEOs but I didn't take advantage a week or so ago when they did offer it, I had just spent $1500.00 on the rifle,LOL I'll wait for the next time I guess. I'll keep ya posted and be working on some loads myself.
    Are you on their Mil/LE program? I have discounts on all the scopes whenever I log into their website. Some are more than others.

The Mk5, NX8, and the 3-18 Razor can all be had for around 1400-1800 bucks.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I don’t think there are other options for the mags. You are stuck with Tikka mags which I really wish it was AICS Mags. Like Mark said, one mag didn’t feed for shit and I was freaking out thinking it was the gun. But I had one bad mag.

The US Optics level can be bought on Amazon or Brownells whether they come with a folder version or not. I like the folder. They fit right in the pic rail. Cost $100 or so. Kinda pricy much cheaper options but I like them.

I bought the rail for the bipod from Triad tactical which you need to be a little handy to install which I’m not. Or you can run a Harris or no bipod at all.

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Are you on their Mil/LE program? I have discounts on all the scopes whenever I log into their website. Some are more than others.

The Mk5, NX8, and the 3-18 Razor can all be had for around 1400-1800 bucks.
    Hey PB, yea I think you are correct, what threw me off is that if you put it in a KRG or MDT Chassie then it will take the AICS mags. I assume it will shoot similarly to yours & the stock really seems pretty decent, will really tell once I get to the range. I have a KRG and really like it I like the looks and feel compared to the factory 5R stock, like I say I will see how the Tikka rolls. Thanks for the info on the Level, didn't get one yet but will look around.

C-grunt thanks for the reminder & yes I am a Mil/Vet discount guy on EuroOptics, those guys are awesome and have some of the best scope prices even without Mil discounts. Thanks guys for all the info.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910