Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I thought they were available on GB ?
    PB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We shot this gun again this Sunday and it has completely impressed me. I think I went 5/5 at 1,000 yards and made some exceptional hit rates at 1,300 yards. With Mark's 88 grain single fed rounds we are completely doing shit that just should not be so. If you need a .223 Bolt gun the Tikka variety should be given a look.

PB
    That's pretty awesome and good to know that it will stabilize the 88s. I am going to try some in mine.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    That's pretty awesome and good to know that it will stabilize the 88s. I am going to try some in mine.
    We had to single feed them Marshall, but if you buy a "Bobsled $20" from Mountain tactical, the single feeding experience is a pleasure. It slides right into your existing Tikka mag ( or it did mine) and bingo. BC single feeding is a PITA otherwise.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Ugh...you're not helping. I've been on the waiting list for one for months. Beretta doesn't seem to import them very often. I might end up blowing the saved cash on a shotgun instead.
    I'm not sure where you're waiting, but I went through https://www.eurooptic.com/ and waited less than a month, maybe 3 weeks. Brandon, I think is the guy's name I dealt with/chatted with through the website and I ended up calling and giving him 20% down I believe he did say 2 or 3 months but 2 came in out of the 48 that he had ordered & I got the 1st one so I did luck out. I have not looked but there are probably some on GB. I don't get the chance to shoot like the guys in AZ but I did get out for the 2nd time with mine and I did shoot some 69RMRs on top of TAC and it was a very good group, under 1MOA for sure @ 100 & these rounds were for my AR originally. I had some 77 Nosler's over Varget & they shot well also, sorry targets are out in my car I'll grab them tomorrow and get a few pics, LOL Like PB and markm say it is a very smooth and accurate rifle & after only 2 outings I really like it a lot. Mountain Tactical has a spring for the trigger that I am going to try, I was all ready to buy the Timney trigger for around $200 on sale but passed it up, for now, I'm going to try a $10 spring 1st and see how it goes.
    Anyways hope you get one soon and you won't be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I'm not sure where you're waiting, but I went through https://www.eurooptic.com/ and waited less than a month, maybe 3 weeks. Brandon, I think is the guy's name I dealt with/chatted with through the website and I ended up calling and giving him 20% down I believe he did say 2 or 3 months but 2 came in out of the 48 that he had ordered & I got the 1st one so I did luck out. I have not looked but there are probably some on GB. I don't get the chance to shoot like the guys in AZ but I did get out for the 2nd time with mine and I did shoot some 69RMRs on top of TAC and it was a very good group, under 1MOA for sure @ 100 & these rounds were for my AR originally. I had some 77 Nosler's over Varget & they shot well also, sorry targets are out in my car I'll grab them tomorrow and get a few pics, LOL Like PB and markm say it is a very smooth and accurate rifle & after only 2 outings I really like it a lot. Mountain Tactical has a spring for the trigger that I am going to try, I was all ready to buy the Timney trigger for around $200 on sale but passed it up, for now, I'm going to try a $10 spring 1st and see how it goes.
    Anyways hope you get one soon and you won't be disappointed.
    I've been waiting at Eurooptic as well. Perhaps it's the specific model that's the issue. Stainless CTR in .223 with 24" barrel and 1/8 twist. I've been stalking the site for ~6 months with no luck, and been on the "notify me" list for two.

It's probably moot right now anyway as I directed the funds towards a Beretta 1301 instead for the time being, but I'll come back to the project later this year.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's probably moot right now anyway as I directed the funds towards a Beretta 1301 instead for the time being
    That should trigger an in stock notification. It always does for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I've been waiting at Eurooptic as well. Perhaps it's the specific model that's the issue. Stainless CTR in .223 with 24" barrel and 1/8 twist. I've been stalking the site for ~6 months with no luck, and been on the "notify me" list for two.

It's probably moot right now anyway as I directed the funds towards a Beretta 1301 instead for the time being, but I'll come back to the project later this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That should trigger an in-stock notification. It always does for me.
    Yea, no doubt on the suddenly in Stock after you spend your $$$! Sounds like ya got another bad-ass gun so all is good but just being on the list is never enough, especially nowadays, I had put $$$ down so when 2 came in I got one, he told me they had 48 on order, I'm sure the other just went to the 1st guy that happened to see them in stock and was in the right place @ the right time. No biggy but depending on how bad/serious you want one I would call/chat with them and get some inside info as to when, how many coming in and the price. I see on the Super Varmint (my rifle) the price has gone up already, before tax & shipping mine was a little over $1400, and now they're listed at over $1600. Good luck on your search, I'm sure one will show up eventually, enjoy your new Beretta 1301.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Yea, no doubt on the suddenly in Stock after you spend your $$$! Sounds like ya got another bad-ass gun so all is good but just being on the list is never enough, especially nowadays, I had put $$$ down so when 2 came in I got one, he told me they had 48 on order, I'm sure the other just went to the 1st guy that happened to see them in stock and was in the right place @ the right time. No biggy but depending on how bad/serious you want one I would call/chat with them and get some inside info as to when, how many coming in and the price. I see on the Super Varmint (my rifle) the price has gone up already, before tax & shipping mine was a little over $1400, and now they're listed at over $1600. Good luck on your search, I'm sure one will show up eventually, enjoy your new Beretta 1301.
    Interestingly, after this post I called Euro to ask. When I gave them two two models I was interested in, they had none on order and it didn't look like they were able to even put in an order. Beretta might be holding off on further imports for a bit, or focusing on the Super Varmint instead.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Interestingly, after this post I called Euro to ask. When I gave them two two models I was interested in, they had none on order and it didn't look like they were able to even put in an order. Beretta might be holding off on further imports for a bit, or focusing on the Super Varmint instead.
    Ah, well at least ya tried. Being who/what they are they probably talk with Beretta all the time and the Reps tell them don't even try on some models, it just isn't happening, unfortunately. Keep looking ya never know. For what it's worth the Super Varmint is a pretty nice rifle,LOL Best of luck.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Week 4 or so of shooting the Tikka with these 88gr ELDs, and WOW. You almost don't need a friggin 6.5cm. The beauty of this load is NO ONE is buying 88gr ELDs. It's like finding Gold where nobody has looked.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast