Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I asked Mama for the Timney trigger for my birthday, I thought a NF ATACR was a stretch, so trigger it might be. Range report to follow in a couple weeks.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought the Timney and requested 8oz first stage and 1.5lbs the second. There is nothing wrong with the Tikka trigger but this Timney does feel better. I noticed a the first stage being lighter and second broke very nicely, but can't put my finger on exactly what makes it better.

But it feels more sturdy and a great break. Nice but not necessary, but very nice that Timney trigger.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    my Super Varmit weighs in at 17lbs. 12 oz
    heavy modified ,, GRS stock .

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You just tell her it cost "x"--whatever she will bear! I did that at Christmas and only had to pony up 1/3--after I threw the number and the ease of approval-I should've went for entire enchilada!

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I asked Mama for the Timney trigger for my birthday, I thought a NF ATACR was a stretch, so trigger it might be. Range report to follow in a couple weeks.

PB
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    You just tell her it cost "x"--whatever she will bear! I did that at Christmas and only had to pony up 1/3--after I threw the number and the ease of approval-I should've went for entire enchilada!
    Mark5pt56: That is funny as fck, I have done that so many times. "Hey Honey, have Mark get it for you honey because he knows what a HK P30L is and it only cost $400".

The trigger turned out to be pretty nice I will add. I need to get an updated pick of my gun with upgrades.

PB

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well as long as we are showing off our rifles I will do my part,LOL I'm a freak for "extra" stuff and my setup reflects that part of the game/fun of it all. Does it help or make me a better shot, nope I'm past the point of no return, LOL but I enjoy it and that's all that matters. Here is my girl as it sits now, for only having this rifle for just a few months it has turned into my fav already for a number of reasons, just a real joy to shoot and it shoots pretty good to boot. Here are some current pics from last week when it was 60ish+. My Remmy 5R is in the one pic just cuz I wanted to show both sides of the Tikka & it's the only one I took. I love the MDT stock, the KRG is nice but the MDT fits/feels better to me. Hope you enjoy:

Some Nosler 77grn bullets in front of 8208 with Federal NM SRP in new R&P brass 5 shots. Not having the luck that PB & markm are with the 88s but still working on them.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mark5pt56: That is funny as fck, I have done that so many times. "Hey Honey, have Mark get it for you honey because he knows what a HK P30L is and it only cost $400".

The trigger turned out to be pretty nice I will add. I need to get an updated pick of my gun with upgrades.

PB
    I've been fairly crafty embezzling my own money! Funny stuff we do---
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We took the Tikka out to a mile today. You can see the small hits as the 88 grain bullets vs there 6.5 vs 300WM. Actually its harder to see the 6.5 vs 300WM than the 88 grain hits.

I went 3/10 on the 88 grain load, took us 5 rounds to figure our DOPE then 3/5. Mark took the 300WM and went 3/5 with 2 shots on top of each other on right side of the target and I shot the 6.5CM for a couple of pops. We were very happy to get on steel with the Tikka at a mile. You can see the small pops with the Tikka.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-25-23 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ballistics program showes about 24.5 Mils for 1 mile based on what I input, but it turned out to be 27.5 mils. We blanked on this attempt the last few tries, but finally got a poof on the hill and walked it in. 1 MILE with an 88 gr ELDM. Super happy to get that done.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Ballistics program showes about 24.5 Mils for 1 mile based on what I input, but it turned out to be 27.5 mils. We blanked on this attempt the last few tries, but finally got a poof on the hill and walked it in. 1 MILE with an 88 gr ELDM. Super happy to get that done.
    Hello, that is some great shooting. I wish I lived near you guys. I would try to see if I could learn a thing or two from you. Quick question: Was the ballistic calculator wring due to velocity or BC?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast