Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like this !

Feedback Score
    That's a cool looking rifle. I think you'll like it; I inherited a T3 Hunter in .243 awhile back and wasn't sure I'd shoot it much but it's a slick little rifle.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    That's a cool looking rifle. I think you'll like it; I inherited a T3 Hunter in .243 awhile back and wasn't sure I'd shoot it much but it's a slick little rifle.
    Yea , had one 22-250 that was a laser and my 300WM hunting gun shoots lights out, so we should be in good shape.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice purchase. Tikka makes quality rifles. I have an older Sporter model that loves the 75 Amax but I will have to switch to the ELD when I run out of them. Someone gave me a couple of modified mags that will allow loading the longer bullets, but I think you can buy aftermarket mags that will do the job.
    Last edited by MarshallDodge; 10-17-22 at 03:13.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We'll probably run a case of 3 MOA 55 gr FMJBT with nasty ball powder through it to get the ball rolling!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It will be 1.5 MOA out of that rifle 😎

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    As stated I bought a Tikka super varmint and it checks all the boxes I have wanted to upgrade my beloved Rem 700 5R.

I wanted:
    223 Bolt gun
    Threaded barrel with 1/8 twist (longer than 20 inches which is very hard too find) 23.7 inches (damn Finnish LOL)
    Smooth bolt
    Decent trigger
    Decent stock
    Nice carakote finish
    Built in rail to action

Range report to follow in a couple weeks after delivery and scoped up and .....

PB
    Oh snap! They're out? I've been waiting for these to hit the market. The landscape on 223 Tikkas has been dry for months.

aaaaaaand of course I blew my money on a new carbon fiber tripod....
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    It will be 1.5 MOA out of that rifle ��
    And we'll post 1/4" to match the guys who get those groups from XM193.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Nice purchase. Tikka makes quality rifles. I have an older Sporter model that loves the 75 Amax but I will have to switch to the ELD when I run out of them. Someone gave me a couple of modified mags that will allow loading the longer bullets, but I think you can buy aftermarket mags that will do the job.
    I wish it took AICS mags but I sucked it up and bought a few spares. Just have to load up two mags of 6 and start popping steel. Or if I hate the stock, I will upgrade that but I sure hope not.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Fantastic, looks like everything you need but still very lightweight.

I know their heavier cal barrels are slower, have you had this on the chrono yet?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast