Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Fantastic, looks like everything you need but still very lightweight.

I know their heavier cal barrels are slower, have you had this on the chrono yet?
    I have not taken possession. Probably two weeks out.
    I just hope it runs hotter than my 5R , time will tell.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-18-22 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I thought the rail was built into the gun, but I am learning it is not. Is there any particular rail for the Tikka that I should be looking for? 20-30-40 MOA at a minimum.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice PB!

Not an expert on the T3...or the T1x by a longshot. I am currently building a T1x chassis gun though (first chassis gun for me and I went a little nuts on this and can't go back..lol), researching what shooters use, I see Mountain Tactical and Area 419 mentioned a lot. I personally went with the Area 419, but it seems that the popular opinion is you can't go wrong with either.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If we can get a good load with a heavy bullet, I'd like to try shooting this gun at 1 mile. On mild wind days, we can get 5.56 to 1300 yards, but the mile would be a challenge.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I thought the rail was built into the gun, but I am learning it is not. Is there any particular rail for the Tikka that I should be looking for? 20-30-40 MOA at a minimum.

PB

Tikka is a pretty commonly supported model so lots of companies there. I agree on Area 419 as a solid option.

If you want to look at replacing the stock later, then chassis systems are available from all the big players, with my favorites being MDT and KRG. Manners also supports if you like the more traditional look.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Tikka is a pretty commonly supported model so lots of companies there. I agree on Area 419 as a solid option.

If you want to look at replacing the stock later, then chassis systems are available from all the big players, with my favorites being MDT and KRG. Manners also supports if you like the more traditional look.
    Thanks, I do prefer the more traditional stocks which is why I am hoping this one works out. Manners is not a bad idea.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great purchase! Ive got a T3 in .223 in a KRG, and while I enjoy it, I do sometimes wish for a more traditional stock as well. I like this Super Varmint in theory, hope to get hands on one, one day.

I havent shot Tikkas 2 stage trigger, but a cheap spring and a Sterk swept bolt is (for me) the two steps to make the Tikkas just about perfect.

Looking forward to the "review" and shooting details!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I’m super curious about the measurement to the lands and OAL. I’ve always wanted to buy a bolt gun in 223 to shoot 90gr but never quite got around to it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    Great purchase! Ive got a T3 in .223 in a KRG, and while I enjoy it, I do sometimes wish for a more traditional stock as well. I like this Super Varmint in theory, hope to get hands on one, one day.

I havent shot Tikkas 2 stage trigger, but a cheap spring and a Sterk swept bolt is (for me) the two steps to make the Tikkas just about perfect.

Looking forward to the "review" and shooting details!
    I too hope the two stage trigger is great. I shoot a lot of precision with my SSA in gas guns so maybe it will be ok. We will see.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I’m super curious about the measurement to the lands and OAL. I’ve always wanted to buy a bolt gun in 223 to shoot 90gr but never quite got around to it.
    We shot 80 grain bullets in the 5R but always have to single feed them. I doubt it we will be able to mag feed if we can shoot at all.

PB

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast