Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh shit I did it, bought a Tikka T3X Super Varmint 223 Bolt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The gun did increase velocity as Mark said and we shot some sub Mao groups, all without bipod and we had another buddy distracting our efforts substantially. But I have a feeling it will shoot great with a pet load once Mark figures out the recipe.

Gun is all up and running for some great shooting now, I still need to throw a NF scope on it but this Steiner will have to due while I put together a couple pennies. Next week should prove a very solid learning experience.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good stuff gents. Looking forward to seeing the results once you find the load. Everything I have read since I first posted in this thread indicates they are solid performers with 1/2 moa groups a theme.

Like I mentioned before, I never seem to get around to buying a 223 bolt gun. This week while looking for one I stumbled on a killer deal for a like new T3x CTR in 6.5 Creed that I couldn’t say no to. The wait goes on. Either way, my first Tikka so really looking forward to getting it out on the range.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Good stuff gents. Looking forward to seeing the results once you find the load. Everything I have read since I first posted in this thread indicates they are solid performers with 1/2 moa groups a theme.

Like I mentioned before, I never seem to get around to buying a 223 bolt gun. This week while looking for one I stumbled on a killer deal for a like new T3x CTR in 6.5 Creed that I couldn’t say no to. The wait goes on. Either way, my first Tikka so really looking forward to getting it out on the range.
    That 6.5 will be a great gun I would think.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's a good looking rifle, PB
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to cook up some Varget recipies with the Nosler CC 80 gr Friday night. I've never loaded for a barrel longer than 20 inches, so I'm excited to see if I can make the extra length pay dividends.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    That's a good looking rifle, PB
    Thanks Marshall. Loooking forward to stretching its legs.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Happy you got to shoot it. I’ve been looking forward to your first range report.
    Thinking this’ll be a performer when you nail down your “pet” load.
    Well done gents!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My Forster (I think) competition seating die took a shit. (you'd think it'd last more than a hundred thousand rounds )

I think I have an L.E. Wilson inline arbor seating die in .223 though. This should be a great Friday night panic/scramble to get some ammo spun up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My Forster (I think) competition seating die took a shit. (you'd think it'd last more than a hundred thousand rounds )

I think I have an L.E. Wilson inline arbor seating die in .223 though. This should be a great Friday night panic/scramble to get some ammo spun up.
    I have a love/hate relationship with the Wilson seating dies. They make great ammo but are cumbersome to use.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with the Wilson seating dies. They make great ammo but are cumbersome to use.
    Yeah. I run them in tandem with the Chargemaster so I can go back and forth and multitask two tedious jobs at once. All my aging dies are hard to find right now because everyone is a "reloader" all of the sudden.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast