Thread: Aero EPC, First build

Feedback Score

Aero EPC, First build

Been a long time since I've visited the site. With the current political environment I figured I'd build my first AR. I currently have 2 out of the box, a DDM4v7 and a M&P 15-22. So here's my parts list, Aero EPC receiver set. Lower EPC parts kit w/o grip and FCU, Rise PCC drop in flat trigger, K2+ grip, EPC enhanced buffer tube, Tiger end plate w/qd socket, mil-spec castle nut, Foxtrot Mike BCG, FM 9mm buffer, FM 308 carbine buffer spring, 27 round Glock Pmags, Trybe 7.5 inch barrel, Kaw valley slim XL linear comp, 9.3 inch Atlas R-one hand rail, Raptor LT Charge Handle. Picking up the receivers tomorrow and the rest of the parts should be here in the next week or two. I've got tools, blue lock tight and wheel bearing grease. Not sure if my upper vice block will work with the Aero EPC upper. I'm in it a little less than a grand. I'm waiting to see what happens with the brace classification before buying one. Will add a light, hand stop and primary arms micro 1x prism after finishing the build and function testing.

Experienced builders, Does this seem like a decent plan? Anything to look out for or suggestions would be much appreciated. With the barrel being 7.5" and the Comp being 4" I figured total would be about 11ish when threaded together. how much of the length is inside the upper? I was hoping about an inch of the Comp would extend out of the hand rail.

Thanks for any input, probably should have asked before buying everything. lol

Feedback Score
    Sounds like an interesting build, looking forward to a range report after it's done.

I used a standard vise block for my upper, bought PSA's Glock vise block for the lower.

I offer this as reference point since you're using AP's EPC receiver set: My AP EPC Build

Good Luck!
    Last edited by ksosay; 11-19-22 at 07:35.

Feedback Score
    Well she's alive. Painted the upper and the handrail dark steel then black over the top distressed with some Scotch-Brite. Had to put some type of personal touch to her. Everything went together fine, cycled smoothly by hand, last round bolt hold open seems to work. Went with a nine and a half inch spikes pistol buffer tube and a pistol storage device. First range trip put 250 115 grain rounds through her. Zero at 25 she's a tack driver. Four failure to feeds where the tip hit low of the forcing cone towards the end of the session. She was pretty filthy and running dry. Took her home cleaned her up gave her a good bath and some break free CLP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Headcase650 View Post
    Well she's alive. Painted the upper and the handrail dark steel then black over the top distressed with some Scotch-Brite. Had to put some type of personal touch to her. Everything went together fine, cycled smoothly by hand, last round bolt hold open seems to work. Went with a nine and a half inch spikes pistol buffer tube and a pistol storage device. First range trip put 250 115 grain rounds through her. Zero at 25 she's a tack driver. Four failure to feeds where the tip hit low of the forcing cone towards the end of the session. She was pretty filthy and running dry. Took her home cleaned her up gave her a good bath and some break free CLP.
    Good Job!