Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle vs Shotgun vs Handgun

Feedback Score

Rifle vs Shotgun vs Handgun

This has been a dilemma for quite some time and I just wanted another point of view on this. Supposedly, handguns are more maneuverable, and shotguns spread and are easier to hit with, but rifles seem to hit harder and are more accurate. What are your preferences?

Feedback Score
    Sigh.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have and use all three. Together they satisfy my "Defense in Depth" strategy!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The rifle, shotgun, and handgun are tools in the toolbox. You choose the tool most suitable for the task at hand.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryjac16 View Post
    This has been a dilemma for quite some time and I just wanted another point of view on this. Supposedly, handguns are more maneuverable, and shotguns spread and are easier to hit with, but rifles seem to hit harder and are more accurate. What are your preferences?
    How much training and experience do you have with those choices? The one you have the most training/experience with is often the best choice.

Two, you didn't even stipulate why the Q was even asked...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    For this thread, my first thought was echoed in Post 2.
    I'll answer the anonymous OP, now that I've thought about it, however.

I've been issued (but now retired), and also personally own, all three firearm types (handgun, shotgun, rifle).
    Depending on employer, assignment/mission, and even some personal choice, there are LEOs driving around right now with all three in the patrol vehicle (and perhaps even other firearms).

My thoughts are to become proficient with all three; own all three; and have them just in-case you should ever need them. I don't own sporting or hunting firearms.

I mainly carry some model of Glock (I've several to choose from), but might be carrying any brand or type, which I also have in my personal inventory.

The shotguns I own are Mossberg 590A1 or Remington 870, plus a Remington 11-87P. I might have either in my vehicle at a given moment.

My rifles are an AK47, AR15, or M1A. I might have any one of these in my vehicle.

All firearms if not on me or in a vehicle are ready-to-go at the house.

For the OP, all this is a personal choice. Many folks do not own and don't know how to use any firearms. Many people have no thought to ever take a human life. Other folks have no thought as to personal security of any type. Whether it's denial, procrastination, or laziness, a person, so far, might still be able to be born and go throughout his/her entire life without worry. OP, I'm glad you're at least thinking about it, otherwise, do what you want to do. I've got to go now. I've got things to do.

Feedback Score
    A Taurus Judge would cover 2 out of 3

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    A Taurus Judge would cover 2 out of 3
    I'd recommend a sarcasm emoji or other, or members here will assume you're serious.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I assume that henryjac16 is really just a scammer trying to get their post counts up. The original post on this thread was first posted by someone else years ago on another forum: https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=586299

Two of their other posts (out of a total of 4) are also copy-and-paste jobs from other forums.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast