Thread: Quick Load

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quick Load

I bought the Quick Load software and it arrived while I was OCONUS.

Not sure why I never got around to buying it before now as it is fairly inexpensive and opens up a whole new world of loading options and analysis.

I am now seeing my powder choices were at times sub optimal for the bullets I was shooting. The software allows you to select powders based on 100% case fill and velocity, while narrowing your choices by the percentage of powder burned.

I'm not going to run out and buy a bunch of new powders to get the absolute highest velocity, but it allows me to choose the best option of the powders I have in stock for the projectiles I am shooting.

One of the keys to getting accurate results is to weigh the H2O capacity of fired cases, which I have done for a lot of the brass I have on hand. Pretty amazing the differences between headstamps and the effect on pressures.

Interesting observations based on using ONLY the software, not shooting.

IMR4895 - Hard to beat for most any 762 bullet weights
    IMR4895 - Also a decent option for 6.5Creedmoor
    CFE223 - A great option for 175gr Matchking bullets

I'm pretty impressed with the software so far and will use it to try out new loadings and see how accurate its predictions are in my rifles.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-26-22 at 14:14.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a buddy that used to run numbers in quick load for my loads. It was pretty interesting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t know why, but I was surprised to find that its a physical copy of the software. I keep meaning to buy it and thought it was a download.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t know why, but I was surprised to find that its a physical copy of the software. I keep meaning to buy it and thought it was a download.
    I actually asked the guy who owns it why and he said ITAR, which makes some sense.