Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 137

Thread: Anyone using any of the new BCM.....?

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,356
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have one but it’s a backup gun. Also had issues last time I went out, I need to do some testing to try and isolate the problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,235
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I have one but it’s a backup gun. Also had issues last time I went out, I need to do some testing to try and isolate the problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Are the mk2 uppers also a borderline-interference-fit for the barrel extension, like the std forged BCM uppers?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

    "The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,165
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve used a few BCM uppers paired with BCM barrels, including a MK2. None of them required heat for assembly.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    5,492
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Are the mk2 uppers also a borderline-interference-fit for the barrel extension, like the std forged BCM uppers?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mine required heat, freezing, grease, foul language, and a 2x4.
    RLTW

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
    Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    When i become a billionaire Im going to throw a LWRC into your yard every night.
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of goods.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Mine required heat, freezing, grease, foul language, and a 2x4.
    Sounds like a fun time at Bubba’s basement to me

    I used a micro torch to heat the extension and then while it was still hot give it a few good wax with a rubber mallet on the end of the receiver to seed it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,443
    Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Sounds like a fun time at Bubba’s basement to me

    I used a micro torch to heat the extension and then while it was still hot give it a few good wax with a rubber mallet on the end of the receiver to seed it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bring out the gimp.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,356
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Are the mk2 uppers also a borderline-interference-fit for the barrel extension, like the std forged BCM uppers?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I thought all BCM uppers were but this is a factory upper so couldn’t tell you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    30,830
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Sounds like a fun time at Bubba’s basement to me

    I used a micro torch to heat the extension and then while it was still hot give it a few good wax with a rubber mallet on the end of the receiver to seed it
    Heating the extension would make it expand and increase the difficulty of assembly no?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    5,492
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Heating the extension would make it expand and increase the difficulty of assembly no?
    When rings expand with heat, the inside diameter increases.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    30,830
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    When rings expand with heat, the inside diameter increases.
    So it wouldn't help with the outer diameter that's tight fitting in the receiver right? I'm thinking you'd want either the receiver to expand or the Extension to contract. Thus, head on the upper receiver would be the trick.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •