Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone using any of the new BCM.....?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The A5H2 weight is 5.33
    The T2 would be closest match at 5.6
    I understand that. Both are heavier than the M16. I am curious whether the different biasing spring and adjusted weight of the T1 makes in the better all around option.

Feedback Score
    The platform has evolved by way of many incremental improvements. Very few of them were out of necessity. It's just human nature to try to make things a little better.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I understand that. Both are heavier than the M16. I am curious whether the different biasing spring and adjusted weight of the T1 makes in the better all around option.
    The A5H2/Sprinco green is most popular in the VLTOR line.

To answer your question I would say it depends on whether you use a standard M16 spring or a Sprinco spring.

The BCM Mk2 T2 with a Sprinco Green would probably be the better option but we are talking about splitting hairs IMO.

At this point it's a new product to the consumer that hasn't been tested out in the wild yet.
    Last edited by prepare; 12-04-22 at 12:30.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The platform has evolved by way of many incremental improvements. Very few of them were out of necessity. It's just human nature to try to make things a little better.
    Agree 100%

M16- 5.1

Mil-Spec
    H – 3.8oz.
    H2 – 4.7oz.
    H3 – 5.0oz
    Carbine - 3.0oz.

Feedback Score
    I didn't include the carbine buffer weight because nobody recommends them.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If we’re insisting all buffers get included, the H6 is 5.15 oz. I’m run one, actually, but I notice just now that my bookmark to Damage Industries’ H6 is dead, so these may not be available at all any more.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Anyone using any of the new BCM.....?

I would wager, pending actual testing (which should always occur with any mod made to any gun, obv), that the closest mass to the original Vltor A5H2 would be the "universal" solution. As Prepare highlighted, still the "H2" weight class.

I have been using 17-7 ph Colt rifle springs for years now in my A5's (And the Tubbs for suppressed use) and they have been rock solid. Sprinco Green is likely a better spring overall but usually gave me some muzzle dip on the return-to-battery stroke after tuning the buffer mass.

I always get my Colt rifle springs from Specialized Armament or Brownells.

I had a buddy who loved his modified A2 rifle stock but who also loved his super hot 77gr handloads through his 20" Colt. In every rifle buffer there is actually an aluminum spacer that occupies the space of two (IIRC) sliding weights. This results in the roughly 5.2-5.4oz rifle buffer mass. Trading those out for steel weights showed a noticeable improvement in his brass health and brought overall buffer mass into the low/mid 6oz range. 6.2-6.3iz if memory serves. Using a factory Colt rifle spring, it still ate .223 pressure Hornady steel case 55gr training ammo and PMC Bronze 55gr. Zero issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 12-04-22 at 13:21.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If we’re insisting all buffers get included, the H6 is 5.15 oz. I’m run one, actually, but I notice just now that my bookmark to Damage Industries’ H6 is dead, so these may not be available at all any more.
    What's your experience been with the H6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Basically, it works. I have it on a backup lower that has shot a BCM 12.5 and Colt 6960 16”. I will soon try it with the BRT 11.5 Suppressed Only upper, suppressed and unsuppressed, as well as a BCM 7” 300BLK.
    It’s my “short option” since regular lowers right now are all A5. It, uh, was purchased for the heck of it and with the expectation of acquiring a forced reset trigger before that became less desirable.
    My “shorter option” is soon going to be an LWRC UCIW kit that still needs to be installed. I want to use with the 300BLK, but need to confirm function.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Speaking of new BCM products ... Anyone know anything about their new upper receiver? It does not appear to be on sale yet I got an email regarding it.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast