Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using any of the new BCM.....?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I am also skeptical of the bias spring, but I’m struggling to come up with consistent data one way or another. If anyone here has a mag with consistent top-round stoppages with an A5, shoot me an IM.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Anyone using any of the new BCM.....?

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I am also skeptical of the bias spring, but I’m struggling to come up with consistent data one way or another. If anyone here has a mag with consistent top-round stoppages with an A5, shoot me an IM.
    I've only seen this one time. With an Anderson lower, IIRC.

The mag catch raceway was machined a couple thou too high in the lower. Resulted in the mag sitting higher than spec and excess upward pressure on the carrier from the round stack when fully loaded. Some mags were worse than others. Tried all A5 buffers. No fix.

What fixed that was a freaking RMA that resulted in a replacement lower being issued to that agency. The new lower was fully in spec and had zero issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Incorrect. The answer is: *nothing*.

There is zero guarantee of the position of the buffer weights within the buffer body without a biasing spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That’s correct until recoil happens. Then the weights are stacked at the front of the buffer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    That’s correct until recoil happens. Then the weights are stacked at the front of the buffer.
    There's no guarantee of that. There's no way to know that they haven't struck the front of the buffer and rebounded to a more rearward position.

If only a spring could be fitted to ensure that the weight stack remained at the front of the buffer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    There's no guarantee of that. There's no way to know that they haven't struck the front of the buffer and rebounded to a more rearward position.

If only a spring could be fitted to ensure that the weight stack remained at the front of the buffer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They only have to stay there for a few thousandths of a second. As long as the rifle is recoiling, the weights are at the front of the buffer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Forgive me if it’s been asked before but are there steel/tungsten weights inside the buffer weight body the same size as standard carbine buffer weights? Been considering the mk2/A5 system. Would be great to be able to play with weights without having to order multiple complete buffers
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TBL65 View Post
    Forgive me if it’s been asked before but are there steel/tungsten weights inside the buffer weight body the same size as standard carbine buffer weights? Been considering the mk2/A5 system. Would be great to be able to play with weights without having to order multiple complete buffers
    Thanks
    Dimensionally yes.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Any updates for the OP? I’m looking at getting a new 14.5” BCM upper and am curious if the BCM Comp Mod 3 would be much of a benefit over the A2X.

Feedback Score
    I really wish BCM had a chart that compared each model to the A2 FH. Like this one is marginally louder to the shooter, significantly louder to the side, a wee bit better at flash hiding, noticeably less recoil. The way they have them described, I have no idea what I'm getting. They say they are quieter than other compensators. Okay, how does that compare to an A2? And which comps are they quieter than? Is the 0 quieter than the 1? Does the 6 decrease recoil more than the 2? It's anybody's guess. I guess I can buy them all and figure out which one I want?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by royta; 04-30-23 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Any updates for the OP? I’m looking at getting a new 14.5” BCM upper and am curious if the BCM Comp Mod 3 would be much of a benefit over the A2X.
    I have a 14.5 ELW with a pinned Comp Mod3. Obviously I can't swap muzzle devices for direct comparison but my opinion is that if you're expecting much difference in felt recoil or muzzle rise compared to an A2 look elsewhere.

In regard to BCM 14.5... I'm considering BCM MK2 Recoil Mitigation System. Does anyone here use one with a BCM 14.5 midlength? If so, what have been your observations of reduced muzzle rise? Recommend buffer buffer choice (they offer four T0,1,2,4) for shooting M193,M855,IMI 77? General thoughts? Thanks.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-02-23 at 16:32.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast