Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone using any of the new BCM.....?

Feedback Score
    I've had 2 range sessions with the Mod 6 on a factory BCM 16".

First session was a direct comparison at dusk first with a standard A2 bird cage, then replacing it with Mod 6. The only difference I could tell was just a tad bit more flash with the Mod 6. No perceptible difference in muzzle rise or felt recoil.

Ammo was a Federal tactical 223 load.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Pray tell, what has BCM put a lot of effort into selling with new launch items? These were a low launch item, the stocks before them were low launch items, their new receivers were low launch, the new URGs have been low launch. The BCM MK2 recoil mitigation systems were low launch, and their new book is something you probably haven't even heard of.

Not only that, but the item they are about to release I'm betting will be also super low level launch.
    What new book?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I've had 2 range sessions with the Mod 6 on a factory BCM 16".

First session was a direct comparison at dusk first with a standard A2 bird cage, then replacing it with Mod 6. The only difference I could tell was just a tad bit more flash with the Mod 6. No perceptible difference in muzzle rise or felt recoil.

Ammo was a Federal tactical 223 load.
    So it costs almost $100 but it performs slightly worse than a $10 birdcage. I guess that’s a pass from me. Not trying to be harsh but I guess I question why companies bother trying to make these hybrid flash comps when no one seems to really be able to beat the birdcage for all around performance. The Warcomp can sorta beat the A2 but I think it overcompensates, same with the Nox.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicafan1990 View Post
    So it costs almost $100 but it performs slightly worse than a $10 birdcage. I guess that’s a pass from me. Not trying to be harsh but I guess I question why companies bother trying to make these hybrid flash comps when no one seems to really be able to beat the birdcage for all around performance. The Warcomp can sorta beat the A2 but I think it overcompensates, same with the Nox.
    That’s also one opinion… lots of people claim comps don’t do much on 5.56 guns, I disagree. Could just be a similar train of thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s also one opinion… lots of people claim comps don’t do much on 5.56 guns, I disagree. Could just be a similar train of thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Comps definitely do something on 5.56 but sometimes I think they do too much. I ditched the Warcomp because it was driving the muzzle down too much on my 16”. A brake is the only way to reduce recoil but then you get a ton of side blast. I still think the A2 does that best job of balancing flash control, recoil reduction without side blast and light compensation.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Do those duckbills have a baffle on the inside that vents to the side? (Not talking about the birdcages) Looks that way in the profile pic.

Edit: it looks like the birdcages have one, too. With at least one port at 12 o'clock.
    Last edited by bruin; 11-06-22 at 01:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It would be great to see a chart of the BCM muzzle device options (along with an A2) that compares flash, recoil, compensation, etc.

I'm a fan of BCM products but it can be hard to compare which MOD does what on many of their products.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_gt View Post
    It would be great to see a chart of the BCM muzzle device options (along with an A2) that compares flash, recoil, compensation, etc.
    Maybe these guys could be convinced to do an addendum?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar...ider-shootout/
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/55...vice-shootout/
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite is the Forward Controls Design 6315 Stoner 63 inspired muzzle device. No greater flash than an A2 and a pinch of compensation. A very small pinch....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    My favorite is the Forward Controls Design 6315 Stoner 63 inspired muzzle device. No greater flash than an A2 and a pinch of compensation. A very small pinch....
    Agreed. It’s the most well rounded muzzle device I have ever encountered. It’s not the best at anything but it doesn’t suck anywhere either which is important. There are other devices that kill flash to near zero but you get some muzzle rise. There are some devices that do a much better job of killing recoil but you get a shit ton of flash and side blast. The 6315 is balanced like a Hanzo sword. It’s everything the Battlecomp wishes it was.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast