Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !!! NEWBIE HERE !!!!

Feedback Score

!!! NEWBIE HERE !!!!

Hi everyone im new here , I'm getting ready to buy an M4 carbine so i fig. this would be the best site for advice!!!! I have never shot one or even delt with them I mostly shoot handguns and riffles. Well if anyone has any good advice I'm all ears. BTW are silencers/supresors are legal to put on the M4?...vic

Feedback Score
    The legality of suppressors depends on your state of residence and your criminal
    record? Some states allow them and some don't.

Welcome to the best AR-15 type rifle website.

On your new M-4, stay with the major manufacturers and you won't go wrong.
    Many consider the Colt model 6920 to be the gold standard of M-4 carbines.
    I have 2 and they are perfect.
    Last edited by JBnTX; 12-24-08 at 12:00.
    "We make war that we may live in peace."
    -Aristotle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicvaz View Post
    Hi everyone im new here , I'm getting ready to buy an M4 carbine so i fig. this would be the best site for advice!!!! I have never shot one or even delt with them I mostly shoot handguns and riffles. Well if anyone has any good advice I'm all ears. BTW are silencers/supresors are legal to put on the M4?...vic

Welcome! So you are looking for an M4? I think that we can help with that.

Couple questions for you, what do you plan on doing with the M4? What is your budget?

Cans are legal to put on an M4, but the question is, does your state allow them.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would do alot of reading and sit down and think of what you want.

Think of what you intend to do with it, think hard, especially if it will be your only one.

For instance if you will only have one and like to shoot magnified optics with an option of a red dot, look hard at a model with a float tube and flip sights.

You can always use the Troy set or if you want fixed, use an LMT fixed rail mount front and either the LMT fixed rear or the Larue.

Look at the magnified optic like the NF 1-4 or the S&B short dot, that may alleviate the want/need for an Aimpoint.

An option if you don't want the float tube is use the PRI or Vltor front gas block/front flip sight and a flip rear.

Hopefully that helps and welcome!

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    cool ty for all the info. im still new at this m4 deal so alot of the things you guys have said are new to me! but i know i can read up on them! now one of you said the brand colt?! well my budget is about 1300.00 hopefully that is with a nice scope and yes something with a red dot and all the high end things on it. i live in florida so i dont know what the deal is with the silencers but i can find out. also im just going to be uing this on a 30 acre lot that a friend of mine owns plus i'm in the process of getting in to the sherrifs dept. here in my town so one of the units i want to get into is the special ops. and i know they carry these when they are called out!

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=C4IGrant;277279]Welcome! So you are looking for an M4? I think that we can help with that.

Couple questions for you, what do you plan on doing with the M4? What is your budget?

Cans are legal to put on an M4, but the question is, does your state allow them.

C4[/QUOTE

so do you own GRTactical.com? i so cool , i just looked on you site and saw that colt for 1550.00 , very nice i will def. contact you on the day im ready to buy one!but im going to do alot of reading on them just to make sure that is what i want!! ty again..vic

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    cool ty for all the info. im still new at this m4 deal so alot of the things you guys have said are new to me! but i know i can read up on them! now one of you said the brand colt?! well my budget is about 1300.00 hopefully that is with a nice scope and yes something with a red dot and all the high end things on it. i live in florida so i dont know what the deal is with the silencers but i can find out. also im just going to be uing this on a 30 acre lot that a friend of mine owns plus i'm in the process of getting in to the sherrifs dept. here in my town so one of the units i want to get into is the special ops. and i know they carry these when they are called out!

Colt is a fantastic brand, but you are generally going to pay close to $1,600 for one (with no rail, optic, or light).

With a budgest of $1,300, I would look at an LMT or a Charles Daly LE M4.

Suppressor's are legal in FL by the way.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    [QUOTE=vicvaz;277304]
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Welcome! So you are looking for an M4? I think that we can help with that.

C4[/QUOTE

so do you own GRTactical.com? i so cool , i just looked on you site and saw that colt for 1550.00 , very nice i will def. contact you on the day im ready to buy one!but im going to do alot of reading on them just to make sure that is what i want!! ty again..vic

Yes, we are the owner of G&R Tac. Colts are nearly impossible to find ever since Obama got elected. Good luck trying to find one.

C4

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=C4IGrant;277307]

Yes, we are the owner of G&R Tac. Colts are nearly impossible to find ever since Obama got elected. Good luck trying to find one.

C4
    yeah that is what one of my friends that has an AR told me! hopefully they wont band them when im ready to get one!! but yes very cool ill give you and call when im ready! who do i ask for?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast