Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVS AGM PVS-7 gen 3 - worth getting, downsides, etc.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

AVS AGM PVS-7 gen 3 - worth getting, downsides, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I doubt our nods tech’s could ever give a data sheet.
    I’ve been using 31’s since 2020. I know duals are better than a monocular but I guess what I’m asking is would a WP 14 be a significant upgrade in terms of performance out of a monocular?

Can you tell me more about the katana? Are those the light weight 3D printed housings?
    If you’re Army, then I think it’s a 99% chance they could not. That’d be a fielding/supply thing at best but I believe there’s just a minimum that they all have to be and that’s all that matters so no specs ever come with them.

I was researching heavily a few months ago and was set on commercial 31s before doing so since I’d used them at work some. I got pointed towards the DTNVS as a bit better supposedly, I think the main selling point was more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-07-22 at 02:24.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Coming from green phosphor to White phosphor is pretty much always going to be looked at as an upgrade.

I would look at either the WP3 High grade or a WP3UF Un Filmed White Phosphor for best specifications and most performance.

The Katanas are one of the few made in America articulating bino housings and the only one I'm aware of with a Lifetime warranty on the housing.

Smaller and lighter weight than a BNVD, uses a Lemo port that accepts the ANVIS battery pack which is more commonly available and less expensive than other battery packs.

I've been running a Katana for about a year now and have been very happy with them.

IMG_1655.jpgIMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

The biggest advantage to these is they are in stock, no 20+ week wait on these now.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    The dtnvs isn't without issues, most commonly it's the "the builder had to clip (or "shave" LOL) the light pipe to make it fit" non sense. Sometimes this works, sometimes this doesn't and you end up with a little view of part of the light pipe in your view, as well as pod failure issues, etc. 2 year warranty on the dtnvs housing, made overseas.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12