Thread: BCM Barrel Nut Wrench for Buffer Tube

Feedback Score

BCM Barrel Nut Wrench for Buffer Tube

Anybody here use the KMR wrench as their go to for tightening the castle nut? I threw it on one of my lowers, and it felt a sticky, I would use the Spikes but for the 3/8 drive, so im eyeing the forward controls jcw

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hammerhead for castle nuts. But really anything will do. Just tighten it and stake it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I've used anything that works and had bad luck lol I want the right tool for the job and I need somebody to tell me the KMR is less than ideal so I will buy the forward controls; or to tell me it's fantastic and then I'll spend the money on something else.

Just looked up the hammerhead not crazy about it at all. It goes all the way around so it will not work with funny end plates, and the drive hole is far from nut.
    Last edited by CasktCrw; 10-31-22 at 14:54.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CasktCrw View Post
    Just looked up the hammerhead not crazy about it at all. It goes all the way around so it will not work with funny end plates, and the drive hole is far from nut.
    I can't remember if the hammerhead conflicts with the QD plates now that you mention it. But either way, that hammerhead has proven to be a valuable tool beyond castle nuts. I love it. I used it yesterday to break a scope base loose from a receiver.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've used BCM KMR barrel nut wrench to tighten castle nuts but wouldn't consider it my "go to" wrench, the would be my Magpul Armorer's wrench, however some parts combinations will not allow the use of an enclosed tool and you must use something open ended. The Vltor pistol A5 RE for example, a FCD CNF and ESF-H for another for which I use his JCW. Bottom line, I have and use all three.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own the FCD doohickey and have had it ruin A5 castle nuts.

In this instance my old DPMS wrench is my go to, simple and effective.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 11-01-22 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Hammerhead here also for normal buffer tubes. KMR wrench is handy for pistol tubes, when the hammerhead doesn't fit over the collar. I recall IG saying the KMR wrench didn't hold up to full-time castle nut use.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CasktCrw View Post
    Anybody here use the KMR wrench as their go to for tightening the castle nut? I threw it on one of my lowers, and it felt a sticky, I would use the Spikes but for the 3/8 drive, so im eyeing the forward controls jcw
    I have. Love it for that.

Allows me to use my torque wrench on the castle nut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."