Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T2 vs Holosun HS515GM

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Aimpoint T2 vs Holosun HS515GM

Trying to finish up a 300 BLK SBR build and trying to decide between these 2 optics. I have a T2 Scalarworks combo on my 556 SBR and love it other than the $800 price tag. I keep seeing good reviews about the HS515GM compared to the T2. Is the T2 worth twice the cost of the HS515GM? I don’t have any hands on experience with Holosun optics. Just wondering if I buy the Holosun will I be giving up anything. Just fyi, I don’t care about the circle dot reticle. Too busy for my liking. I just want a simple dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have you considered the aimpoint duty RDS?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This may offend some that already have their Aimpoint money spent, but I like my Holosuns better than my Aimpoints. I have a pair of HS515GM, a HE515GT and a HE530G. Cumulatively many many rounds, some not too gentle handling, and I've yet to have an issue. For me, the (higher end) Holosuns are simply better than the T1/T2. Features such as the shake awake, clear flip covers, ARD, crazy battery life, reticle options, and superior brightness are too hard to ignore.

Multiple online destructive tests have shown them to have more than sufficient toughness to boot. However, if you want to (figuratively) go all out, get one of the grade 5 Titanium models. Holosun's aluminum models use 7075 T6, whereas Aimpoint uses "hard-anodized aluminum alloy," whatever that means. And Holosun's grade 5 Ti models have dramatically superior toughness, fatigue strength, shear modulus, shear strength, tensile strength, etc compared to 7075. Probably overkill, but I got a couple anyway.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Have you considered the aimpoint duty RDS?
    One of my friends recently bought one. Compared side by side with my T2 it had noticeably bluer glass, not as clear and I just hate how it sits at an odd height vs other Aimpoint footprint sights.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I vastly prefer the rheostat knob brightness adjustment of the T1/T2 over the push buttons on the Holosun. The Aimpoints are submersible to 25 meters, the Holosun is a little vague with an IPX8 rating. Stuff like the shake awake and solar stuff do nothing for me and I still can't get past buying Chinese optics.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I also don't care about shake awake when a t1/t2 has a 5 year battery life. If I need a "budget" red dot, its the Aimpoint Pro.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFighter98 View Post
    I also don't care about shake awake when a t1/t2 has a 5 year battery life. If I need a "budget" red dot, its the Aimpoint Pro.
    My "budget" RDS is an MRO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Holosun's are tempting and I see a lot of them on rifles and pistols. They must be good/very good for so many people to be using and recommending them. But, I can't get past made in china. Any place else but not the PRC.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I can’t stand the made in China thing either. Looks like I will be buying another T2.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    This may offend some that already have their Aimpoint money spent, but I like my Holosuns better than my Aimpoints. I have a pair of HS515GM, a HE515GT and a HE530G. Cumulatively many many rounds, some not too gentle handling, and I've yet to have an issue. For me, the (higher end) Holosuns are simply better than the T1/T2. Features such as the shake awake, clear flip covers, ARD, crazy battery life, reticle options, and superior brightness are too hard to ignore.

Multiple online destructive tests have shown them to have more than sufficient toughness to boot. However, if you want to (figuratively) go all out, get one of the grade 5 Titanium models. Holosun's aluminum models use 7075 T6, whereas Aimpoint uses "hard-anodized aluminum alloy," whatever that means. And Holosun's grade 5 Ti models have dramatically superior toughness, fatigue strength, shear modulus, shear strength, tensile strength, etc compared to 7075. Probably overkill, but I got a couple anyway.
    In before the idiots come here to call those features gimmicks.

I’ve replaced all of my Aimpoints with “budget” optics like Sparc Solars or holosuns. The only thing that Aimpoint probably does better is get blown up. But I don’t need my HD gun to withstand an explosion. I do need the dot to be on when I go to grab my gun and since I like my dots bright, the Aimpoint does not last five years. With an optic that has shake awake, it just may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast