Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primer Shortage is it over??

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I'm seeing projectiles at close to normal locally and mail order. Brass cases as well, and starting to come back into supply. Powders are about 20-25% higher than normal.

But primers are just crazy, double to triple pre-runup prices
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Just when I thought we were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and primers were starting to drop in price and increase in availability, the war in Ukraine is starting to create shortages.

Did anyone see the document from Lapua that said they are halting brass production on quite a few popular cases so that they can supply the Ukraine war effort?
    I did see this earlier in the week and yup they are cutting some calibers: https://www.longrangehunting.com/thr...uction.314858/ Will definitely suck for guys counting on these items. Depending on your needs I have been seeing and buying powder & projectiles at very good prices. If you need name brands and counting on certain powders it can be tough and expensive, but if you building blamo ammo or basic training ammo, handgun or rifle there are some killer prices on select items, just gotta know where to look.
    As stated primers are around but still silly prices unless you are "desperate" but they're still overpriced!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Cabelas yesterday; SRPs @ $149.99/K. Kiss my ass.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Cabelas yesterday; SRPs @ $149.99/K. Kiss my ass.
    Just gotta know where to look gaijin,,, these are on Sale !!! LOL
    https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...istol-primers/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Just gotta know where to look gaijin,,, these are on Sale !!! LOL
    https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...istol-primers/
    Yep. I ordered 5K of these last week.
    PV is 35 minutes South. It’s pretty easy to call, order and PU.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yep. I ordered 5K of these last week.
    PV is 35 minutes South. It’s pretty easy to call, order and PU.
    That would be sweet if a place like that was close to me. Even @ $80 I maybe would have bought a few K myself. Good for you for sure. Maybe things will shape up after the election, we can only hope.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    https://southerndefense.com/copy-of-...imers-7-brass/

The Expansion Industries primers are supposed to be available this spring. Hopefully the price will come down

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    That would be sweet if a place like that was close to me. Even @ $80 I maybe would have bought a few K myself. Good for you for sure. Maybe things will shape up after the election, we can only hope.
    Still too high for me. Especially for some foreign crap I have never heard of...

Glad I stocked up bigly (and cheaply) on what I like and normally use before this crap all went full tard.

Feedback Score
    Just bought a thou 450's from Targetsports for bottle and can ammo. The 85 bucks turned into 140 delivered with add ons..... Would prolly have been better off buying more 22lr with that money....

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Just bought a thou 450's from Targetsports for bottle and can ammo. The 85 bucks turned into 140 delivered with add ons..... Would prolly have been better off buying more 22lr with that money....
    Yes, the HazMat, “shipping/handling” and sales tax is an additional kick in the nuts.

Feedback Score
    Made in Argentina but probably fine. Small pistol. $79.99

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...n+Stock+Now%21
    Last edited by Ron3; 11-10-22 at 11:07.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast