Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upgrade or Replace non-optic Glocks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You should be target focused and superimpose the dot, it will be "blurry" since the eye can only focus on a single item at a time.
    Makes sense…Thats how it works with a typical RDS.

I’ll have to see if I can find one on sale…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I can't answer for your eyes. I need 1.25 reading glasses, and this is my red dot of choice.
    Thanks. I’ll see if I can find one to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    SOME guys, for sure. Not this one. I cant believe people using weapons for SD/SHTF or whatever believe in NOT using buis. WHY? Are they too heavy? Whats the downside to running optics with BUIS? Genuinely curious, asking for educational purposes.
    Agreed. I’m absolutely shocked at how commonplace it has become in recent years to run optics without backup irons. I get that some modern optics are pretty much bomb-proof, but everything can fail. Batteries WILL fail.

Feedback Score
    Back in 2001 when I first put a Dr. Optics on a Glock using a mount that replaced the rear sight the red dot sat so high that back up irons were impossible. I don't remember any issues with not having irons back ups.

Having said that I have had issues with RMR's and was glad I had back up irons.

Then last week in the middle of teaching my battery on my Leupold Delta micro went out, I used it the rest of the day as a teaching point. The body of the RD becomes a ghost ring and the front sight, I was able to drive on. Then in the last hour I replaced the battery to demonstrate no need to re zero.

I really am sold on the micro, it had a very short learning curve. My main 3 Glocks all wear it . I am pimping out my Glock 35 357sig right now, so my carry gun is my Glock 34 with 6 inch barrel. The last pistol is a Glock 32, that I will build after the 35 is back together.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I considered doing the same as the OP a little over a month ago. I had 2 G19's and a G17 that I hadn't shot in a couple of years. I mainly carry a P365XL with a RMRCC on it. So I went back and forth trying to decide to send off a slide to be milled or just buy a slide already milled. My buddy bought a Shadow Systems MR920 with a Holosun 507 on it and after putting a bout a 100 rounds down range with it I decided sell a Glock or 2. I ended up selling one of the G19's, a Gen3, and my G17 to fund a MR920 and a Holosun 508t. I really like this pistol! The Holosun reticle is basically the same as an Eotech. One thing I really like about the MR920 is that they way it is milled I could use most any optic I want without having to buy an adapter plate. However, so far I really like the Holosun so far.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I won't be installing any RDS on my pistols, still have good eyes and it gets cold here about half the year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234