Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade or Replace non-optic Glocks

Feedback Score

Upgrade or Replace non-optic Glocks

I have several Gen 4 Glocks that I like but rarely shoot anymore as they are iron sight models. Primarily looking at two G19’s and a G17 to start.

Round counts range from around 10K on the G19 to about 2K on the G17. All are in excellent condition, with a few mods like Vickers mag release, slide lock, and Ghost connectors.

I’ve embraced red dots and I either want these guns to be modded or replaced.

I don’t want to go through the slide milling again. It’s fine, but I’m not going to go that route. I’m either going to sell these guns and buy optic ready models (Glock MOS or maybe a PDP…) or I’m gonna get a new optic ready slide.

The Brownells Glock slides are $160. I would likely buy a slide guts kit for another $110, and I’d still need sights for another $80-100….and then the optic. So excluding the optic, I’m looking at around $350-380 for the slide pre tax.

I can buy a G19-17 MOS for $477 before tax and sell my non optic gun for $400-450 pretty easy.

I currently have two guns I milled and three MOS models and honestly I see little difference in them.

Leaning towards selling them over modifying them….

Am I missing any better options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I updated my Gen 3 Glock19 with the Brownells slide a few years ago, but with the numbers you posted, i would probably just sell yours and buy the G19MOS. Sounds like it will be a lot less hassle.

I have also completely switched to RDS on all my pistols. My only pistol left is my Glock 20 10mm woods gun, but it's harder to get aftermarket slides for those, so it still currently has irons.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I believe your on track, sell your irons pistols.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here are some options to upgrade your Gen 4 G19 and G17.

Gen 4 Glock 19 RMR cut slide
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod134637.aspx

Gen 4 Glock 17 RMR cut slide
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod121024.aspx

Amerigo Suppressor Height night sights for Glocks.
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...10090301008005
    Last edited by Renegade04; 11-02-22 at 11:31.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I updated my Gen 3 Glock19 with the Brownells slide a few years ago, but with the numbers you posted, i would probably just sell yours and buy the G19MOS. Sounds like it will be a lot less hassle.

I have also completely switched to RDS on all my pistols. My only pistol left is my Glock 20 10mm woods gun, but it's harder to get aftermarket slides for those, so it still currently has irons.
    Yes.

All you guys saying sell and replace are pretty much on track with me. I get two Glock Blue label buys per year and used one replacing a 48MOS I gave to my daughter as a going away present, so I’ll probably begin with the 17/45 MOS to replace my G17. Already have one G19 MOS.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like my Glocks without finger grooves, so Gen5 upgrade if it was me.

Buuuuut…..

I don’t plan to buy a Glock until the direct milled options are available, unless you want the SCS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Buuuuut…..

I don’t plan to buy a Glock until the direct milled options are available, unless you want the SCS.
    No doubt. I'm not much of a pistol owner. But I'm on the sideline for a year or two until the bugs are worked out of the RDS revolution. (mounting and sight evolution specifically)

I wouldn't want to outfit a handful of pistols, and then have to replace them when a better mousetrap is released. And there's no doubt that the best is yet to come.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe we have several members now using and pleased with the DeltaPoint Micro. At least worth trying before you sell.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No doubt. I'm not much of a pistol owner. But I'm on the sideline for a year or two until the bugs are worked out of the RDS revolution. (mounting and sight evolution specifically)

I wouldn't want to outfit a handful of pistols, and then have to replace them when a better mousetrap is released. And there's no doubt that the best is yet to come.
    You may have just saved me some money...been thinking on this too. Thanks.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You may have just saved me some money...been thinking on this too. Thanks.
    Yeah. I'm excited to see what's to come. I'd parallel this to the early RDS carbine days/Eotech years. Some day, guys may have pistols with really good RDS and NO IRONs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast